Tuesday, November 27, 2007

OH! My aching teeth

This is the face of today.
When will it be over?? On the upside, he is sleeping better at night. Crying it out is finally working for us. Anyway, this is pathetic, but I put a picture of our neighbor gifts on here.



I was going to give boxes of assorted fattening Christmas naughties, but honestly I'd rather save that for me. Costco had the 4/$10 sale on the Stephen's, and the peppermint sticks were 88 cents at Walmart. We call that 'the chipper chicken'. I have done little else today, besides the neighbor gifts, other than yelling at my kids for not eating, complaining about what they're eating, peeing on the floor (ALL OVER THE FLOOR) at least once, etc. Oh, and I did make red beans and rice for dinner AND I saw a grumpy bear sweatshirt I wanted at Walmart, and turned my nose up and went the other way. (Sean knows that is a VERY big deal for me). At least I get a little break tomorrow - I get to go spend 2 1/2 hours with about 20 3-year olds, instead of just my 3 kids. And then I get to go visiting teaching. Oh, AND I just got a new calling - Cub Committee Chair. What the HECK is that? The bishopric member couldn't really explain it to me. I think it means I am in charge. OY. Well I better turn this around and end on a positive note. After Mackenna peed on the floor for the last time I was going hoarse from yelling all day. Sean had just walked in the door and took one look at me. Then he said "just go. Leave and don't come back for an hour.....but make sure you don't HURT yourself." Now I have a hot bubble bath running upstairs and the kids are all asleep. Some days I honestly don't think we will all make it through unscathed. Anyone feel that way?????? By the way, it snowed here today!

6 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

You peed all over the floor? I wish I were still your neighbor.

little miss shortcake said...

oh, my monday was like that. very bad day for me. darren sent me out on tuesday. thank goodness for good husbands, eh?
and what's this about neighbor gifts? is this standard protocol or just because you're nice??

Beeks by the Lake said...

yikes, did you read Mandee's blog - there must be something in the air! I am so glad you have a great husband who let you get a break!

Mandee said...

Misty...PLEASE AND GO READ MY LAST ENTRY!!! I feel your pain...truly I do! Like Sean Dallan came in took a good look at his wife and said go and lay down and then he cleaned the kitchen, happily I might add. How many neighbor gifts do yougive out anyway? Can I come and live by you?

Misty said...

neighbor gifts - well, it's kind a of thing in the neighborhood, i think. last year i just gave candy boxes to like my immediate neighbors on each side and across the street - but we got little gifts from almost everyone on our street and other people in the ward too, so this year i stepped it up a little bit. i only did 8 neighbors.

Dee said...

Misty.. you shouldn't be doing any of your neighbors... just sayin'...
I am glad I am not the only one who has days like that. Thanks for making me feel validated :) I love you! Oh.. I feel ya' on the neighbor gifts. I will begin the baking as soon as I get the birthday party over with. Who decided to have a kid in December anyway?!