Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Back to Blogging

So, I decided to lay off Facebook for a while. I think that is why I haven't been blogging - I don't think you can do both at the same intensity - but my blog is more important. So here's a little update on life.

My mom came for thanksgiving, and while she was here she taught the girls how to crochet. Emma is the one that really picked it up - I think Kenna's still a little young to do it by herself. Since then Emma has been crocheting chains to drape over the tree, her bed, her dresser, her brother. You get the idea. She really loves it - and it's the perfect thing to do for quiet time.


Just look at this smile.


Also, I finished phase one of operation: Death by Christmas Sewing. The girls' dresses are finally done! And, on top of it all, I found long-sleeve shirts at Target for $5 that were almost the exact same color as the dresses. SWEET!





Now I am working on my own dress - I'm pretty scared since I've never made anything for myself besides a Halloween costume. This is the pattern - the black and white dress on the left - out of the same fabric/ribbon as the girls. It will go awesome with my gold shoes from the Military Ball.
Of course, I will be wearing a shirt under it. The last sewing project is night gowns for the girls. Hopefully I can get it all done before the 17th!

Lastly, here are a couple cute pics I snapped of my kids when it snowed the other day.

2 comments:

Sarah E Boucher said...

Adorable dresses my cute friend! Can't wait to see yours too :) And I hope you aren't too sick of sewing as I need a little favor. Sent my black dress to the cleaners and guess what? They took the tack out of the slit in the back and hey, now it goes all the way up my butt! Yeah! Maybe you can help me with that?

Sean said...

It sounds like they improved the dress