Saturday, June 26, 2010

Say Yes to the Dress

Okay, the girls and I have a new summer obsession. Sitting in front of the tv for hours watching reruns of 'Say Yes to the Dress'. Now we are all caught up so we only watch the new ones, but for a few days there it was nonstop. The girls have pretty much designed their own dresses in their heads now. Jeannie came to pick Emma up for Activity Days on one of our TLC telethon days, and apparently she got an earful...."Can you BELIEVE this girl spent $25,000 on a dress she is only going to wear one time? I mean, that is just ridiculous! You only wear it for a few hours. My mom says my 'budget' is about $500......"

Inevitably, this is what it led to:





Yes, this was my wedding dress, and incidentally, I am proud to say I still fit into it. Let's ignore the fact that I swam in it on my wedding day, and when I put it on now I look like I have several kids' floatie tubes on underneath it. Oh well.

7 comments:

Sean said...

I didn't see kid floaties i saw a woman more beautiful then the day i married her so be nice.

Kristin said...

Priceless...

Sarah E Boucher said...

SHUT YOUR CAKE HOLE! The drop waist is just sooooo not your style and you know it...and add to that the fact that our moms aren't so great at making dresses that fit in the first place and that makes a recipe for disaster. So fun that you let the girls try it on :) I totally went a little nuts the other night looking at dresses online...I will apparently have everything planned by the time Prince Charming finally makes his tardy appearance ;)

Tece said...

Yeah, well I'm the mom that sewed the dress LOL- and in my defense I was living several hours away from Misty- so the fit had to pretty much be generic- but be that as it may, I adored how Misty looked in it- what a beautiful bride she made- and what a beautiful daughter the Lord has blessed me with ! ! !

Misty said...

mama, i didn't mean to offend you! you did a great job on the dress. it was just what i wanted. and like you said, you and i didn't live very close together. i think the big part was mostly the collar and the sleeves, and that's just how the pattern was. i love you!

Telley said...

Oh Misty, I wish I could see you at least occasionally! Reading your blog makes me miss your quirky personality. We would SO hang out if I lived near you - 'cuz I would be your stalker friend ;) Are you going to the reunion in April?

KickButtMommy said...

What happened to your blogging? I miss it.