Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Prodigal Blogger

I realize I haven't posted in, like, a year. But now that I'm not working and I'm over the Facebook addiction of old. The kids are back to school on Monday (can I get a hurrah!?) I figure I might have a little more time. Plus reading old posts really makes me want to start posting again. If for no other reason than I love getting the blog made into a book and looking back on the chaos of life. So, we'll just pretend the last year of blogging draught never happened, and start fresh.

I should mention that I have no intention of keeping up with any of YOUR blogs, so if you expect me to read yours because you're reading mine, well......I still love you as a person.

We just got back home from Lake Powell. I must say, it is much more enjoyable when your oldest is almost 10 and your youngest is 4 1/2. Almost RELAXING, even.

Daddy and Spencer driving the boat:



Me and the boy. No tubby tummy jokes, please.





Kenna lost one of her top front teeth biting into an ice cream sandwhich when we first got to the lake. We all spent the rest of the trip teasing her that we were going to make her eat another one so her other loose tooth would come out!





Spencer had a freak-out every time the boat hit waves from other boats.


Emma and Grandpa:


Kenna and Grandma:


Kissin' Cousins (well, if Emma had her way, they would be). It was interesting to see them flirt with each other all during the trip, and then get embarassed when they realized we were all watching.



Emma wake surfing with Uncle Matt:



Nine happy meals complete with different smurf figurines and one really crappy experience at Denny's later, and we're happy to be home!

5 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

So glad you are back, although the not reading other blogs is a little harsh! :)

Misty said...

i'm sorry, heather! i seriously don't have time. if i read one i'll feel obligated to read everyone's, and then the last thing i'll want to do is look at my own.

Matt & Viki said...

Oh, I need to get these pics of Emma and Conner. So Cute! SOOO sad to hear you can't come here later this month. We will start praying that you can come to CA for Christmas now.

Sarah E Boucher said...

Too cute! I love the pic of Emma grinning on the wake board with her uncle. Adorable! Glad you are back to blogging...I don't promise I'm gonna read your either (heck, it's taken me weeks hasn't it?). Love you pook!

Brett and Shireen Olsen said...

Great post, makes me miss you guys and Lake Powell! Glad you're back to blogging.