Thursday, August 21, 2008

Hot Dogs and Peanut Butter



I know this is my fourth post today, but I haven't really said much about our Powell trip yet. It was much better than I expected. The last year I went (2 years ago) I was pregnant with Spencer, and Mackenna was a total beast the whole time. By about 4 days into the trip I was wishing we were back home. Last year Sean took the girls by himself and Spencer and I stayed home. That was my crypto week. Anyway, Spencer wasn't any grumpier than normal, and that's saying something! He slept like a dream for the most part, and the kids were all up shortly after six every morning - nothing new there either. The girls were both very brave when it came to trying new things - Emma knee-boarded with slight bribery
(one more barbie has joined our family), and Kenna tried swimming without holding on to anyone or a noodle, and did great!
They also both tried new food (well, new to them). I am ecstatic. Until now Kenna would not go near peanut butter, and Emma wouldn't touch a hot dog to save her life. I am proud to say that Kenna will now eat PB & honey sandwiches, and Emma has eaten two hot dogs since we've been home. Emma also tried breakfast sausage which she wouldn't go near in the past, and liked it! Sausage is one of Kenna's favorite things for breakfast, so I am stoked. Emma also tried frog-eye salad, which the girls haven't been too sure about in the past. I can't say it enough - how excited I am. Now if we have hot dogs for dinner, I don't have to make a PB sandwich for Emma. Now if Emma is having PB for lunch, Kenna can have it too! My life just got exponentially easier.


In other news, Spencer is trying to imitate every word he hears (hot, walk, nap, bath, etc.). He has also starting piecing sentences together. While we were at the lake the girls started talking about Dodger and Spencer says "dodgie.....whe-ah-u?". Another time someone was leaving the boat for something and he said "bye-bye.....i-uh-u". It was seriously so cute. He was walking down the hall of the houseboat and I called, "Spencer?" He turned around and called back "Wha?" So funny. He is getting so big so fast.

Emma is totally jazzed for 1st grade to start on Monday. (By the way, who else was bugged by Jasper's new nickname?) Okay, sorry for the sidebar. Kenna doesn't start preschool until September 9th, so I have a feeling we might have a difficult couple of weeks ahead.

I just read on stepheniemeyer.com that Twilight is coming to theaters three weeks early! The release date is now November 21st - due to the fact that Harry Potter six isn't being released until next summer. Bittersweet.


Angela Sedgwick just told me that the third Eragon book, Brisingr (sp?) is coming out in a couple weeks - I am stoked! I thought we had until October. Guess I'd better read Eldest real quick again!


Well, that's all for now, I guess. Glad to be home - but I have tons to do. There is both clean and dirty laundry all over, and I haven't cleaned any part of my house really good in.....well, too long. My goal is to have the house spotless and all the laundry caught up and put away before Emma goes to school on Monday.

Wish me luck!

5 comments:

little miss shortcake said...

the jazz thing totally bugged me too.

Sarah E Boucher said...

Okay, first off, love the new border & the new family picture. Much more flattering to everyone involved, and I love polka dots, so thumbs up to both. Seriously I nearly vomited when I read the title. Ick-o. Glad you had a great time, looks like sooo much fun. Hope to see you soon!

KickButtMommy said...

Love your new picture up top and glad you had so much fun at Powell. You guys deserve a fun getaway! I wish Hadley would eat peanut butter. Making her lunches for school is so hard.

Crystal said...

It's about time you posted again. I so want to read those twilight books before the movie is released. I'm just going to have to cough up the money and buy them and SOON!
Anyway, you look hot in your pretty red dress and the girls are just adorable.

Angela said...

Brisinger is coming out on September 20th!!!! Yeah!!!!!! Jaspers new nickname bugged me too, why bother giving a new nickname to someone at the end of a book, it almost over.....