Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity-Jig

So we are home from Amy's wedding. I am so much more exhausted than I thought I would be. Having eight children under the age of 7 all under the same roof for 4 days, minus two of the childrens' mother, almost did me in. Not to mention I came home with a wicked cold. All my kids have it too. It is that butt-kicking cold that just knocks you out. Of course, it couldn't help that we got to the airport 2 hours before our flight yesterday and our flight took off an hour and a half late. We also had an extra kid with us - my niece Hailey. Thank goodness all the girls were good on the plane and Spencer finally tuckered out. I'm sure the 7 1/2 hours of airport/airplane time would have been unbearable if not for that.

I think another reason that this cold is kicking my butt is that I mentally and physically exhausted myself trying to finish Breaking Dawn before we left Cal. We went to Costco on Saturday to pick it up, and when I didn't see a huge display near the front (or even near the book-area) I freaked. They only had about 40 or so copies wedged between the kids books and the cookbooks. WHAT THE HECK. Is the obsession a Utah thing? I doubt it. Anyway, my heart rate decreased to normal when I finally had the book in my hands. I started reading in the car on the way home from Costco, and I finished in the car yesterday on the way to the airport. I want to talk about the book, but I know that everyone who ordered in on Amazon probably just got it yesterday, so I don't want to spoil anything for anyone. I will just say that it wasn't totally what I expected, but I am happy just the same. And I could definitely see where a sequel could come in. Happy reading to all of you! In a couple weeks I will totally devote a whole blog post to what I liked/didn't like about it. Mandee, if you want to call me we can totally talk about it!!! (801-678-9504) As long as Sean's not around - though he just started yesterday when I finished and he only has about 1/4 of the book left, big jerk. Just kidding, honey, I love you! You are just a way faster reader than me. Maybe I should've let you read it first. Although I know you would be smirking at me all the time, and I'm not sure I could handle that.

Anyway, I haven't had the energy to download photos from the wedding yet. The girls looked so cute in their dresses, and Amy looked gorgeous, of course. Maybe I will put a slideshow on here of the pics.

We have pack meeting for cub scouts tonight, I have bills to pay, laundry to do, milk to buy, and library books to return. HELP ME.

6 comments:

Mandee said...

You may not want to read my blog!! I can't wait for your post on the book maybe your insights will shed some light and help me like it more than I did when I read it. I will try to call you so we can chat about it. We are moving in less than two weeks and my list of things to do is growing at warp speeds.

Dan said...

I have never heard of Breaking Dawn. I looked up the book and see there is a series. What is it all about?

KickButtMommy said...

I am so glad you came. I always love seeing you!

Sarah E Boucher said...

I wonder if it is a Utah thing...I just know I hear about it everywhere, including in my class this week. In fact, one of the girls in the class, she's from the North Sanpete District, is cousins with Stephanie. Weird, huh?

kelly l said...

you are one of those crazy people who finished breaking dawn in like a day and a half. you should've gone with laura and matt's ward yw on friday night. they had a 10 p.m. activity to go to one of the bookstores to get the book at midnight. i thought it was kind of a cool idea. my kids got sick in ca too except they all came down with fevers on the same day. fun times.

Jeannie said...

Hey girl, those pictures are beautiful. What an awesome theme. Don't you sometimes wish you could do your wedding all over again? I'm going to the library tomorrow. Can I take any books back for you? Seriously, let me know.