Monday, February 16, 2009

Silver White Winters That Melt Into Springs....


In an effort to stay positive through my headache-children-filled day, here are a few of my favorite things!

Seeing daylight before I hear my kids awake.
Big, soft Maverick Cookies.
The logic of my 7-year-old.
The squishiness of my 2-year-old.
The hugs and kisses of my 4-year-old.
Going to dinner with my hubby without the kids.
Maverick drinks.
The absence of noise when the kids are in bed.
Jane Austen movies & books.
Maverick in general.
Laughing with my husband about anything and everything...and everyone, for that matter.
Apple Beer.
Spencer's squenchy-eyed smile and his monster face.
Mackenna's plumpy cheeks.
Emma's chocolate eyes.
My body pillow.
Pedicures and girls nights.
Blogging.
TWILIGHT!
The Closer.
American Idol.
Survivor.
THE OFFICE!
The Discovery Channel show 'The Universe'.
A clean house.
Taking the kids out to eat.
Talking with friends.
Fall and Spring.
Open-toed shoes & dressing up.
Pina Coladas & walks in the rain....

7 comments:

Jeannie said...

Ok, first off, PLEASE take off that picture of the yummy grilled cheese or I won't be able to reach my mini makeover goal weigt...kidding

Second...Casey mentioned in sacrament how he thinks that Kenna is just adorable. And I so agree. Emma is so cute and when we see your family she is the one that is so active and fun, she takes all the spotlight, but as they all sat so quiet and cute in sacrament on Sunday he (and I) couldn't help but notice how precious Kenna is. What adorable girls!

Angela said...

I love your list, it's a great idea. I think I might have to do that on my blog when I am orney and needed a break from kids!

Steph said...

I LOVE that movie! So many of your favorite things are mine too! I'm gonna have to try a soft maverick cookie, sounds yummy! Way to stay positive, I can't wait till we can hang out in the front yard and let the kids run around!

Christelle said...

Do you remember playing the "I'm grateful for..." game while knocking doors? I'm glad you still do something like it when times get tough. I still do too. I loved being your companion. I don't know if I ever told you but I did. Thank you for all you've taught me.
P.S. Rocco was a donkey, avery very old but kind donkey.

Tevita and Jodi said...

Thanks for this. Sometimes it is so easy to focus on everything negative and a post like this makes you really look at things in a positive way. I didn't know you liked apple beer! I miss you and hope we can get together soon.

Tevita and Jodi said...

Thanks for this. Sometimes it is so easy to focus on everything negative and a post like this makes you really look at things in a positive way. I didn't know you liked apple beer! I miss you and hope we can get together soon.

Amber said...

cut epost Mist...i love the positiveness...is that a word? Ah well! somedays I'm so thankful for the little things! AND, I have to agree with jeannie...Kenna is the cutest! Today she told me "I love you Miss Amber" seriously right out of the clear blue, it was SOOO cute! that's one of my "favorite" things!