Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Firthday!


Yes, it says 'Firthdays', and no, for all you avid Austen fans out there, it has nothing to do with Colin Firth. This year my birthday fell on Father's Day. So, we decided to celebrate my birthday on Saturday instead. Sean got up with the kids so I could sleep in. We went to Costco to pick up my cake,

and Sean got me some white roses, even though I gave him the 'please-don't-buy-them-we-can't-afford-it' look.
We took the kids to see the Disney/Pixar movie "UP!" which was really cute.

Then we went to Red Robin for dinner.

After dinner we came back and a few friends came over to help demolish the Costco cake.



So, Sunday was Sean's turn - even though I still felt like it was my day, since everyone was calling me to say happy birthday. We had breakfast burritos and enjoyed being lazy all day since there was no church again. For dinner we had pot roast w/carrots & potatoes, onion gravy, & rolls. And then, for dessert....of course - cake. My friend Sarah came over and we watched two movies that we knew by heart as teenagers - Hot Shots,

and Robin Hood: Men in Tights.

It was awesome. We had both forgotten all the classic one-liners. ("Operation Sleepy Weasel is underway.....Milly Vanilly Chilly Willy", "BECAUSE.....Unlike other Robin Hoods, I can speak with an English accent!")

Last week the girls were begging for curlers to be put in their hair, and here was the result. It's a lot harder now that their hair is so short!


Also last week we got the chance to go to a horse ranch-type place and the kids got to ride horses!

It was fun to see Spencer up there by himself, not scared or anything. When the owner asked him if he was a cowboy, he said "No, I am not."

4 comments:

Sarah E Boucher said...

Yeah, he looks a little unsure about the horsey. And hey, it was a freaking awesome time yesterday and I am totally bringing over Men in Tights! We're halfway done! It was soooo fun to spend the afternoon with you. And I am glad Sean likes his can-opener ;)

Amber said...

Hope you had a great day...no church would do it for me! Your roses are beautiful, sometimes it's nice when husbands spulge a little...OK, it's always nice, I LOVE flowers! AND, I love the little curly girls, so cute! Reminds me of Steph in curlers...she always had to have curlers, but my hair was too short :(, I think I did talk my mom into it once, but those things are UNCOMFORTABLE...so I don't think I begged too often! :)

Amber said...

BTW, Cancun isn't until Oct., so I'll be thinking about Libby's cake, and let you know! Thanks for thinking of it.

Jeannie said...

How fun!!!