Friday, June 12, 2009

The Summer Holidays

I guess I am still in my blogging funk. I'm doing this post more for the sake of my record-keeping than for anyone to read, so you might be bored!

The kids are officially out of school, and it's starting to wear on all of us. Scarry. We have started reading James and the Giant Peach for 20 minutes every day when Spencer goes down for his nap, and then I tell the girls to do quiet time. So far this has ended up as a nap every day, since they both whine about quiet time so much that I get irritated and make them nap. Emma more than Kenna. She is used to having structure every day, and I don't think she's handling life in the box so well. Yesterday Sean snapped this one of us all napping.


We went to the Kelly Clarkson concert yesterday - it was phenomenal! I should say SHE was phenomenal - everything else kind of sucked. We got there right at 6:30 when the show was starting (we left home 2 hours before, and it was in Orem), and she didn't actually come on until after 8:00. She played for an hour and then jumped in her van and got whisked away to wherever superstars go. But her voice is amazing, and she is even better live than on CD. I was amazed by the number of young girls there, though I don't suppose I should've been. It made me feel old - but there WERE a couple more middle-aged women jamming out too.


Spencer's latest catch phrase is "I had it first!" even when he didn't. They learn so fast. I think I will take the kids to the aquatic center to get some of their energy out later on - otherwise I'm going to die!

5 comments:

Jeannie said...

What a good mom, spending quality time with them like that.

Christelle said...

Summer vacation is so hard on everyone, not just Moms, kids too! So I decided that I'd rather have a not so clean house and still love my kids than my usual spotless house and kill my kids. Sometimes they still push my buttons though and that's why I've put them to bed and now I'm going to take a bubble bath!

KickButtMommy said...

a nap? whats a nap? i think I have heard of this phenomenon but I can't remember.

The Jones Family said...

That picture is so cute!! Naps are GREAT!!

Sarah E Boucher said...

I love the napping photo. Even Dodger is sleeping!
Glad you enjoyed Kelly. She is the REAL deal, eh? The original American Idol, and YES, VERY VERY
Talented!
No worries! I will come play and distract you from the kids!