Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A Blogging Draught

It has been a while. Let's just say that, at first, I didn't think I could say anything interesting enough to top Hawaii. After that I got busy with projects of a terminal nature (aka Halloween Costume Hell). Let me just say I am very glad that I started making all these costumes in August. I saved the hardest one for last, unfortunately. I have learned a few valuable lessons from Spencer's EWOK costume. #1: NEVER NEVER NEVER buy faux fur again, no matter how cute, soft, fuzzy, or cuddly you think the wearer will look in it. #2: Take a sewing class before trying to sew pants with feet in them (I couldn't figure out the directions, and finally ended up cutting the toes off and just hemming them like pants). #3: Make sure you are sewing the right part of the pants to the right part (back to front, not side to front, etc.). By the time I was done with the bloody costume I decided not to care about the fact that I pinned one front leg to one back leg, which ended up being the whole front. The pants ended up looking like they were peeled off of a very furry bull-legged cowboy. Oh well. At least Spencer isn't going on the catwalk or anything. He is going to sit at the trunk-or-treat and help Sean pass out candy anyway. I am so tired of sewing I may decide to actually BUY halloween costumes on clearance in a few days for next year. I am also seriously considering my dear ambition of sewing Christmas PJs for all the kids. Well, the costumes are all finally done and I am in a better mood now. It is pretty bad when you get excited that you can clean and do laundry (viewed as free time) instead of sitting back at the machine for your sentence in sewing. In latest news, Spencer is now pulling himself up on everything.

I forgot that stage where you have to move everything off coffee tables and lower book shelves. OY! To top it all off Spencer managed to lock my cellphone keypad AND enter a lock code, which I have no idea how to decipher. I never locked it or set a code before, so I have no idea what to do.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

So glad the costumes are done. Can't wait to see the pics.

little miss shortcake said...

have you tried the last 4 digits of your cell number, or "1111" for the code for your cell phone? darren locked his a year or so ago and entered the code wrong too many times and had to buy a whole new card thingy for it.

KickButtMommy said...

I cannot wait to see these costumes!

Amy Sue said...

I think the code is the last 4 digits of your #. I did that to Kim's phone one year on the way to Powell and we stopped in a verizon store and they fixed it for us! Can't wait to see the Halloween pics!