Tuesday, October 9, 2007

MAUI DAY 1


The kids actually did really well on the flight. Minus Spencer hacking and coughing the whole way there, and fighting getting his nose wiped. Needless to say we gave him Benadryl (and the girls). They all slept pretty well & Mackenna visited the teeny weeny potty about 5 times during the flight. We got off the plane and went straight to Costco. ONLY THE PULSIPHERS WOULD GET TO HAWAII AND CONSIDER COSTCO FIRST PRIORITY. Only joking - Costco is right by the airport. We got to our room and got settled; Grandma and the girls and I went to the lobby and got "leied" as they call it. We then took the kids swimming as they had been badgering us about it since we got to our hotel. Which, by the way, is absolutely gorgeous, with a spectacular view. Then Jim, Sue, Spencer, & I went to the grocery store while Sean and the girls stayed back for some down time. We came back and went down to the grassy/lounge/pool area for "PuPu's" (snacks, which turned out to be veggie trays, potstickers, spring rolls, pork loin, and all the free soda you could want). After that we decided to take a walk up the beach and ended up in some outdoor mall-type thing. There happened to be a hula performance there, which the girls loved. I was so sad I forgot my camera. There were 4 little girls and 2 adults who danced. The girls wiggled their hips all the way home (in the rain). We came back and fed them a little dinner and then put them to bed. They were asleep 5 minutes after we laid them down. We caught part of a Tahitian Dance thing out our window that night too. So here are some pictures!

The view from our window


The girls and our leis


9 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

You are TOTALLY KILLING ME GIRL!

Beeks by the Lake said...

I don't get jealous very often, but I am so jealous right now! Ah! Hawaii! And here I am fighting off the thousands of box elder bugs on my back porch. Smile at the ocean for me, ok!

Jenn said...

Totally jealous!! How exciting that you get to take your whole fun. Have a blast!! Do a hula dance for me.

Amy Sue said...

Thanks for posting pics! Now I can sit here at home and pretend that I am in Hawaii with you guys. Yes, I am jealous along with everyone else, but you guys deserve it! I miss you guys and my munchkins! I am glad that you got lei'd, it's all part of the Hawaii experience!

little miss shortcake said...

WHAT!? You went to HAWAII!
how FUN!!!

Kimberly said...

I am so jealous, it looks like paradise! Have a great time!

Mandee said...

I am COMPLETELY jealous!!! What a fun vacation! It makes Disneyland look well like Disneyland!! Post more pictures if you can!

kelly l said...

is it just you guys and jim and sue? how fun. i love exotic vacations with grandmas. your girls look so cute. have a fun fun fun time. i'm glad you survived the plane flight.
kelly

kelly l said...

by the way, my in-laws would be accompanying jim and sue to costco. they are costco addicts as well. they made it their first stop when we were in north carolina.