Wednesday, October 10, 2007

MAUI DAY 3


Most of the day was devoted to visiting the volcano, Haleakala. The girls were freaked out when we told them we were going to visit a volcano, so Sean's dad told them it was a sleeping volcano. Last night as the girls were going to bed Emma said "Mom, are we going to sleep in the volcano?" I asked why she thought that and she said "Grandpa said it is a sleeping volcano." Anyway, it was quite a long drive, but well worth it.
Unfortunately I didn't think to put sunscreen on Spencer and he is pretty rosy-faced tonight. We hiked around the volcano a little and then went to Ruby's Diner for lunch. We took a walk over to the mall where I was feverishly searching for little Hawaiin print dresses for the girls. We had to carry Emma out of one shop crying crocidile tears and yelling "I want a pink dress!!!!", as they didn't have the right style/size/etc. Finally I did find dresses for the girls - green with pink & purple flowers for Kenna and red with pink flowers for Emma. I also bought them each shell necklaces. After the mall we came back and hit the beach right outside our hotel again. I have a horrible cold, so I didn't feel much like swimming. Sean's mom and I laid on the grass while the boys and the girls played in the ocean. Emma's newest hobby is collecting coral now. She had quite a pile by the end of our beach outing. Spencer wasn't sitting too well by himself, so we decided to take a little walk down the beach to the hammocks. I thought he would like the swinging, but he didn't. When we got back he ate about 3/4 of one of those huge jars of baby food - I guess he was just hungry! Anyway, I hope I can get over this cold soon, it is making me miserable. And I don't want to miserable during the vacation of my lifetime!!

4 comments:

little miss shortcake said...

i hope you are feeling better soon, too!
what a fun vacation!

KickButtMommy said...

beautiful rainbow. Get better! You can't get sick on vacation. Can't wait to see the girls in their dresses!

Amy Sue said...

i love the pic of Sean and the girls! so adorable!!!

Amy Sue said...

P.S. Dad is a dork! He thinks he's so funny!