Thursday, October 11, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EMMA! (Maui Day 4)


Well, I am sad to say our trip is half over. It has been wonderful and I hope the last half will be as good as the first half! Mackenna is pitching more and more fits and Emma is also getting whiny, although today I think she was trying to live up to the fact that she is 6 now! Today Sean and his dad went golfing and his mom and I took the kids to the Maui Ocean Center (aquarium).
It was pretty cool. After lunch Sean's mom and I left the kids behind (all of them.....YES!) and went to the mall for a couple hours. Then the boys picked us up and we went to BJ's Pizzeria for Emma's birthday dinner. We were in 'old town Lahaina' for dinner and there are tons of shops there, it's kind of like an outdoor strip mall. Sean finally found a Hawaiian shirt and I decided it makes no sense to buy Spencer one. When we get home it will be too cold for it, and if I bought him one he could wear next summer it wouldn't fit him now. So he got a hat. Tomorrow we are headed to some waterfall that is on the road to Hana. I am a little worried; I kept seeing t-shirts today that said "I survived the road to Hana" - apparently it is very windy (like winds around a lot, not like wind blowing), and also a long drive. Hopefully we survive it with the kids!! Also I think my cold is finally lifting. I can breathe for the first time in about 3 days.

8 comments:

little miss shortcake said...

Happy Birthday Emma!
Looks & Sounds like you guys are having a great time!

KickButtMommy said...

I thought about Emma all day yesterday! I hope that she had a good birthday.

Jenn said...

Having a birthday in Hawaii-- how cool is that! Looks like you are having a blast!

kelly l said...

i do hope you survive the long long trip to hana. i thought it was enjoyable when we went to maui last year, but we didn't have our kids with us. good luck.

Beeks by the Lake said...

my mother in law drove that road with her two girls and LOVED it! But it was rough, long, and well, her girls were 17 and 24, but it was beautiful and the rain forest is worth seeing.

Amy Sue said...

I am loving all the cute pics!!!

Beeks by the Lake said...

so Misty, where are you, oh yeah, vacation! Can't wait to see your picks when you return home! Hope you are having a blast!

Mandee said...

Thank you for letting us live vicariously through you! I think I feel the sunshine! Glad you are having so much fun.