Sunday, February 3, 2008

STILL SICK.....STILL SNOWING


Yes, the 2 things I complained about at length. Oh well. One positive about Spencer being sick is that he is very cuddly. I have rocked him to sleep twice now. As long as it doesn't become a habit; I quite like putting him to bed wide awake for naps and bedtime, and him putting himself to sleep quietly and happily every time (most the time). I am ready, however, for Mackenna's heightened emotional state to be gotten over. Those of you who know Mackenna - well, let's just say the "when she was bad she was horrid" part of her personality has been probably three times as bad. And she's still not eating great either, turning her nose up at anything offered, unless it's pickles. We have resorted to only offering the 'treat' part of the meal just to get her to eat (normally chicken & tator tots - now just tator tots.....normally a hot dog and chips - now just chips) you get the idea. I had to draw the line when she woke up and threw a fit over not getting a pickle for breakfast. We also woke up to more snow this morning, and our neighbor shoveling our driveway, since we are all sick. Sean stayed home from work yesterday, so at least it was different than I was expecting it to be. Here is a funny picture of Emma - she always puts things on her head for hair or a veil or something. I just laugh at her b/c I remember doing that as a kid. Who does she look like to you though???

"Matchmaker, matchmaker, make me a match.....find me a find....catch me a catch".


Here is the snow piled up all around our mail box:


Here is what our front yard looks like right now. Can you make out the sidewalk from the lawn, or see the tips of our fence?

5 comments:

little miss shortcake said...

That is SO much snow! you poor things!
hang in there, hope you guys are doing better soon!

KickButtMommy said...

I remember putting pantyhose on my head and pretending they were ponytails.

Amy Sue said...

Those pics sooooo do not make me want to move to UT! No snow for me!

Hope you get a break sometime soon! If I were Kenna, I think I would pretend to be sick just to eat all the goodies!

Mandee said...

Poor little guy...he looks exactly like How I feel. If your previous post youi mentioned being sick and I was happy to report we had eluded the dreaded winter cold that has been going around. Well a lot of good my boasting did because now we all have it! I completely feel your pain.

Beeks by the Lake said...

I'll pray for the health of your kids, if you pray for the health of mine and then things will all be much better, right? I say this as the snow pounds on my office window. we need the moisture, that is for sure! I sure would enjoy it even better if everyone were well. I'm sure you know the feeling by the looks of your little one's faces!