Friday, February 15, 2008

Big Changes


So, I haven't blogged in a while. I have been working on another project, which will have to remain a secret for now. Enough about that! We have had a couple big things happen! First of all, Emma finally lost her first tooth. Although I have to say, she didn't really lose it. More like she 'lost it' when we decided it was time to pull it out before the other one came up completely behind (not under) it. After a half hour of weeping, trembling, begging, bleeding, screaming, and kicking, the little sucker finally popped out. As soon as it was out and the bleeding stopped it was all she could talk about all night. "Mom, it whistles when I do this.....Mom, it feels funny when I put my tongue in the whole.....How much does the tooth fairy bring, exactly?" Good thing kids don't know about inflation. I think it was a dollar when I was her age. We ended up giving her $5, even though she informed us that her friend said she got $10 (sheesh, how much does a 6-year-old with no life need?). We did tell her that the tooth fairy brings more money for your first tooth and only a dollar or two for the others. When she asked why I told her she had a lot of teeth in her mouth, and if the tooth fairy brought her $5 for every tooth she'd go broke. She seemed alright with that explanation, so we'll just leave well enough alone.

Next was Valentine's Day, and Sean hit it big this year. He brought me flowers, like I knew he would (he has never missed a V-Day, Birthday, Anniversary, or Mother's Day)
AND got me the DVD i have been wanting like no other.

Dionne and I were all set to see it in the theater when I was at her place during the Lake Powell-mock vacation-cryptosporidium thing, but it was sold out. So I have been dying to see it. I can't wait!

Last on the list is our new couches.


We've finally faced the fact that it's time to bid adieu to the couch Sean's parents gave us a couple years ago, which Sean informs me is about 20 years old. The fabric on one arm and at least 2 cushions is ripped, and the stuffing is falling out and being eaten by Spencer. So with part of our tax return we got a new couch/loveseat set.


I know, it's stupid to put pictures of this on here, but Amy asked me to.

Sean and I stayed in for dinner last night, so we decided to get a babysitter and go out tonight. Nothing special, just Rumbi Island Grill and then a little shopping, but it was a much-needed break from the kiddies. Now I get to look forward to dicing and cooking 20 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts for our blue and gold banquet next Friday. And somehow I need to multiply my sweet & sour sauce recipe by 10. I will be a much happier person when February is over.....

8 comments:

Amy Sue said...

I swear Emma looks so much older without her tooth! My baby is growing up! I love your new couches! They look great! Oh, and you'll have to tell me how the movie is.

KickButtMommy said...

Happy Valentine's Day my Dear Friend. I love Sean and appreciate that he always thinks of you and shows you so much love. I am also so excited you got new furniture! That is so much fun!

little miss shortcake said...

$5 for a tooth!
New furniture is always fun and worthy of pics!
What did you think of the Jane movie? We just watched it last night...

Misty said...

for those of you who wanted to talk about becoming jane, i finally got to watch it without the kids interupting every 2 seconds. i LOVED it. i loved finding out that she much of what she wrote she took from her own life. and i definitely thought her lover was going to die in the end - i'm glad it didn't end THAT tragically. and as sad as i am for her, i'm glad she never married. otherwise i don't think we would have her novels. pain is very good for creativity.

Mandee said...

First, let me say it is nice to have you back! I love your couches and it isn't stupid to post pictures, how else are we supposed to see what they look like? Yikes...$5 for a tooth, good thing you explained about the whole going broke thing, I was thinking a dollar was good, I guess I am way behind the times.

Beeks by the Lake said...

I was thinking a $1 was good too! I'll have to ask Haeley what the kids at school are getting. She hasn't lost one yet and she is almost 6. I LOVE your leather couches! We have an old one that is navy blue in our theater room and I must say I really do prefer a more realistic color - yours are a gorgeous color! Don't you feel so grown up with your own brand spanking new couches and grateful at how kid proof they are? Or is when you buy a new car that you feel grown up? Maybe both? Anyway, don't be shy about sharing! It's fun to celebrate with you!

kelly l said...

i didn't realize that sean was such a sweetie. i am super duper impressed. i do like him much better now than when we were kids (ha ha freckle face, my behind). anyway, i love the new couches. it's always nice to get rid of the hand me downs. we finally got rid of the bedroom set wade's parents gave us when we first got married. nine and a half years means it's time to get something new. and sean, i love that you remember the gilligan hat thing. that was pretty funny.

jen and michael said...

How much does a tooth go for now days? I know molars go for about $3 dollars on the black market, and neonatal teeth can hit $5, but I am not familiar with incisors. Grats to Emma!