Friday, May 9, 2008

The Caped Avenger


So Spencer has finally been christened into the girls' favorite pastime, DRESS UP. At least it's a cape and not a dress. Not yet, anyway. The girls said he is their prince. Now they don't have to take turns being the boy!

Here are the ladies in red, Mackenna and her friend Malary. Four-year-old playdates are so not as fun for me as six-year-old ones.


I had to take a picture of Spencer in this outfit; Emma wore it as a baby.




Today Emma came home bursting with excitement wanting to give me my mother's day present she made at school.

The flower is like a job wheel, with things like vacuuming, sweeping, setting the table, etc., and when I want her to do one of them I just tear off a petal and cash it in. She told me she made the petals blue because it is my favorite color. The pink book is a class cookbook. I opened it and read this poem. I only made it to the second line before I couldn't see through the tears.



I am on a total junk food run lately. This morning I made Amish Cinnamon Bread, and just now I got a mad hankering for brownies. My pants are fitting tighter. Dang it.

5 comments:

kelly l said...

spencer is just such a cute smiley boy. i love the mother's day gifts that my kids bring home. seth made something on thursday, but he hid it as soon as he got home so he could save it for sunday.

KickButtMommy said...

I love teh gifts from Emma. Hadley couldn't wait to give me mine either. Hadley told me that she misses Emma. It was cute. I miss you all!

The Jones Family said...

Happy Mother's Day Misty!

Mandee said...

I would love your recipe for the Amish bread, if it is one you are willing to part with! I love the pictures of Spencer...his smile is contagious.

Annette's Best Kept Secrets said...

Misty,
your blog is so cute. I love you cake that you made. I would love you to teach me how to do that. And I love that you have recipes on your blog. I will try some of them. We would love you to come our way.
Misty (ourtuckerlife.blogspot.com)