Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Last Cake




Well, last night was my final Wilton class. I am relieved in a way - it takes a lot of prep work. But it is nice to have an out once a week from the house, and it is a lot of fun. Now I just have to stay in practice!

The basketweave is pretty easy once you practice a little, but ouch - your hand totally hurts after. And it's touch to keep track of the pattern too. The flowers and leaves are royal icing and the birds are color flow.

The last few days I have been recovering from Day Camp and getting ready to fly out to California for my SIL's wedding tomorrow. (The wedding is Friday). Anyway, this is kind of a boring post, but I wanted the pics of my cake on here at least!

One more thing. I have been religiously checking stepheniemeyer.com every day for the Breaking Dawn quote of the day. Anyway, apparently Stephenie revealed one thing that happens in her 4th book on ew.com. Here is the link if you are intersted. It's not a spoiler, since she told them herself. If you want to be surprised, then don't go there!
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20215228,00.html

6 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

I love your cake, Misty!

Beeks by the Lake said...

What a beautiful cake! ooh, I downloaded some cakes and cupcakes from the internet for my SIL, I'll have to send them your way, you could totally make them since you are so very very talented! Have fun at the wedding! Where is she getting married? Hope to see a few photos afterward!

Crystal said...

I love, love, LOVE the cake! The basket weave is easy, but time consuming. You are very good BTW

Sarah E Boucher said...

You did a great job, I really do like the basket weave. Now I just need to find a man and you can make the wedding cake. My aunt has also offered to make a wedding quilt....just need to hotty...hmmm...anyone, anyone? Beuller? Have fun in CA!

Tevita and Jodi said...

Great cake! You have great talent, I hope you keep practicing. BTW, I bought the book and have started reading it. I hope you like it. Let me know what you thought!

Mandee said...

Okay I keep checking your blog in hopes of getting your thoughts on the book.