Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Then and Now


Tomorrow is our ninth anniversary! I can't believe it's been that long. Anyway, I took a few pictures of some pictures - since we got married before the digital camera days. Here are some things I loved about when we were dating/married/newlyweds - and some things I love about now.

Then:

Flirting at work under everyone's noses
Being twitterpated all the time!
Listening to 'Truly, Madly, Deeply' over and over in Sean's Sentra (our song)
Picnics up Provo Canyon w/Quiznos subs and playing spades
Feeling completely safe with Sean
Realizing I had found someone who loved me more than I ever thought possible
That adorable spiky bleached hair!
Cooking our meals together and cleaning up together




Now:

Staying up talking late at night
Being able to make each other laugh all the time
Watching Sean be a father
Having a home of our own
Having a husband who encourages my talents and interests
Being able to stay home with the kids since Sean works so hard
Listening to him rave about my cooking rather than his mom's!
Hearing him tell me I'm beautiful every day
Knowing we have been through good, bad, and ugly - and he still loves and supports me
Still bringing me roses all the time - sometimes for no reason
Quality over Quantity (not going to specify - sure you can figure it out)



Thank you for working so hard every day to make me happy. I am so glad I said yes - even if I did pause.

9 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Happy Anniversary. What a sweet post!

Becky said...

I love the pictures, they are so cute. Your cake is beautiful too, I love the rose petals. Happy Anniversary!

Angela said...

Happy Anniversary Misty!!!

Jeannie said...

I love the lattice. (:

What a great post. You are so creative. It sounds like you picked a good man. Don't you wish you could plan your wedding all over again? Wouldn't it be so fun? Happy anniversary.

For our ninth anniversary our family was sealed in the temple!

The Jones Family said...

Very Cute! ...So fun to be in love! Happy Anniversary Misty!

Steph said...

cute pictures, happy anniversary you guys, that's awesome!

Amber said...

happy anniversary! I loved the post...now and then, I think it's fun to think about the reasons we fell in love in the first place, and then just add to that list as our lives change, and time goes by!

kelly l said...

happy anniversary. tell sean i don't miss the spiky bleach blonde hair. i'm glad he turned out to be such a good guy. :)

Sarah E Boucher said...

What's with the pausing? I guess I never heard that story. Par-don me BUT I think all the "nows" are better than all the "thens." Sure those things are nice, fun, and exciting. But they don't last. And what is "now" is amazing, you lucky lucky monkey. I really think you two are the happiest of all our friends...even with the bad and ugly, you both ended up with someone who needs and appreciates you. How nice is that? Someday Sarah, someday.