Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Book Review


Okay, sorry Stephenie - but I think I found my new favorite author. I just read another one of Sarah Strohmeyer's books - The Sleeping Beauty Proposal - and I loved it!! Even more than The Cinderella Pact. The Cinderella Pact was probably funnier, and it has more of the fat humor. But I so loved the romance better in this book. There was a stronger story there. All I can say is I totally love this author's work. She is the greatest. Read it if you get the chance!! Here is my favorite quote: (DISCLAIMER - if you are offended by the word 'nipple', do not read).

"Most men, I've learned, can be easily distracted by a flash of leg, a bit of cleavage. They're like apes, really, a half a notch up the evolutionary scale when it comes to all things sexual. Show them the merest hint of a nipple and their brains instantaneously go to mush."

It is 8:41 p.m. and I am just admitting that my goal to finish my own book by the end of the year is sort of unrealized. I actually finished writing the story; but now I have a mean rewrite ahead of me. Oh well, at least I finished it. I am sitting down right now to start reading it again and decide what it is still lacking.

New Year's Eve, and Sean and the kids are asleep. Sean's parents are watching t.v., and I am blogging. It was actually a fun night - at least to me - we had fondue for dinner (cheese fondue with meatballs, french bread, and broccoli) and dessert (dark chocolate fondue with bananas, pineapple, and oranges). We were going to play games, but Sean got up at five this morning, and my MIL and I were much more interested in finishing the books we were reading.

Happy New Year to all!!

3 comments:

Sarah E Boucher said...

Seriously, i so love the Cinderella Pact better...but hey, best friends do not have to LOVE everything the same. I'm glad that you love Sarah Strohmeyer as much as I do though. She has another book that just came out (well now it's LAST year) called "Sweet Love" that's pretty cute too. I don't have it, but just put it on reserve at your library, that's where I picked it up. Good luck with your book and hurry up already! I wanna read it! My story is almost there too and it's not bad.

Anonymous said...

So that cake you sent home with us barely made it through the door. Carter took one bite and then stole the fork away from me. Then he gave the fork back because he figured his hands were faster. Finally after 1 1/2 pieces were gone, I told him it was time to put it away. Then he decided he would just go for the whole shabang and just started double fisting it. We'll be lucky if Tj actually gets some of it! thanx again!

Carissa Hill said...

My New Years was spent in bed sleeping. I finally became one of those people who doesn't care enough to stay up to bang pots and pans.