Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A little of everything

Haven't blogged in a while. Here are a few pictures I have saved on my camera for when the bug bit me again.

When Sean's parents were here right after Christmas we went sledding. Here is the cutest snow baby in the world, showing off his mittens:

I am only slightly bothered by the realization that he isn't, in all actuality, a baby anymore. He turns 2 on the 29th, and he just learned to push himself on his scooter.

And here is Sean's mom with the kids:


And me with the kids:


For Christmas Grandma & Grandpa gave the kids a WII Music game, and they LOVE it. It is so cute. Here they are playing.


Tomorrow is Sean's birthday, and this is what he requested. Isn't it hideous? But those are his teams, so what do you do?


This is kind of a boring post, isn't it? The only other thing I wanted to put on here are a couple things I wanted to work on this year.

1. Scripture study with the kids. We usually try to do this when Sean is home before we put them to bed, but truthfully neither one of us has the patience for it that late in the day. So I decided to spend 20 minutes before Emma leaves for school in the morning either reading them a friend article or one of the scripture readers. Better than nothing, right?

2. I have also been trying to lay down with the girls after we put them to bed and either have Emma read to us, or me read to them - it hasn't been consistent, though. I started reading them The Mouse and the Motorcycle by Beverly Cleary, which was one of my all-time favorite books as a kid. We've only gotten to like Chapter 5 though.

3. Also to hug my kids every day and let them know how much I love them. I would also like to say at least one positive thing to them each day, like "you are such a good reader" or "you always help your brother, that is so nice" or "wow, i didn't know any almost 2-year-old could drool like that, buddy". Okay, maybe not the last one.

5 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Great post. It is fun to see pics and hear your hopes for the new year!

Sarah E Boucher said...

You are the cutest! I know the struggle it is to be a stay at home mom, but your heart is soooo in the right place. Just that you wanna do better speaks volumes my cute friend. I love you honey!

Becky said...

Those pictures are so cute. I think the blanket turned out cute. Who cares if the colors don't match or whatever- it's special for Sean! Good job!

Amber said...

Kenna was so excited about Sean's birthday today. So cute! And wow Sean and I are the same age...well almost he beats me by 8 days! funny, I remeber when my mom was my age, It just doesn't seem possible.

Steph said...

cannot believe your baby is gonna be 2, He is the cutest thing! Hope Sean had a Happy Birthday!