Friday, April 11, 2008

GREETINGS FROM WHOVILLE


Yes, I am a dork. I put my hair up to take a bath the other day and found Misty-Lou-Who looking back at me from the mirror. Here are some silly pictures of the kids:
Kenna in the dress Aunt Amy gave her for her birthday


Here is Spencer at the window

And in my room on my cozy-comfy chair

Here is the charity picture I took of Emma so she wouldn't feel bad.


In more recent news, for my birthday my in-laws gave me Wilton cake decorating classes at Hobby Lobby (THEE coolest craft store ever). I have been craving cake ever since my first class on Wednesday, when our instructor made a luscious butter pecan cake with butter rum frosting.....and gave it ALL to the Hobby Lobby staff after class. Yup, we didn't get a single crumb. I am bitter. But I made my own today, and got creative with some of my new cake decorating supplies (also courtesy of Mom & Dad "P").

It was so refreshing and invigorating to be learning something new, and doing something for two hours that was completely about me. Sure, my kids will profit from it, but I still felt like I was a real person for a change!

3 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Love that cake. I could bite into it RIGHT NOW! You look daring and so do your kids.

Mandee said...

They gave you none??? How fun for you! Doing something like that is what I think Elder Ballard was talking about. Doing something that is only for you allows you to do more for your family. Was the cake recipe yummy?

Misty said...

mandee, the instructor didn't offer us the recipe, and we ran out of time at the end of class. maybe i'll ask her for it tomorrow! if i get it, i'll pass it on.