Wednesday, April 30, 2008


Well, tonight was my last Wilton class. I finally feel good about how I am doing. I am discovering that most of the techniques just take a lot of practice, and you can't really get it in the 2-hour class. The next class is a fondant/tiered cakes class that starts next Tuesday. I am going tomorrow to sign up for it. Anyway, here is a cake I did a couple weeks ago. I ended up giving it to Dionne for her birthday.
The next cake, which I don't have a picture of, was a white chocolate cake with raspberry filling and chocolate buttercream frosting. It was yummy. I will have to put the cake recipe on here. Here is tonight's cake.

I think my hand is going to fall off from all the roses. The icing is really stiff and you have to squeeze hard to get the petals out. Obviously not perfect, but better than I thought it would be!

Here is Spencer in his BBQ get up.


Anyone who has a 15-month-old knows that you can't possibly do dishes while he is awake or out of his high chair. So I had this brilliant idea.



He usually gets crayons taken away as soon as he gets them, so he was thrilled that I actually handed him one. I tried it again today, but it didn't work so well.

And here is Spencer's new favorite pastime.


Last but not least I have to describe my awesome girls night in Park City with Dionne. There is nothing like it! And I have to give my husband props. The house was cleaner than I left it when I got home. The kids ALL had baths the night before, and they were all dressed for church when I got home. Anyway, Dionne and I met at a nail salon in Holiday (SL) for a pedicure. It was so relaxing, and we just sat there in our chairs talking the whole time. Then we went to Wendy's for a quick value-menu lunch, where we waited probably 20 minutes just to order our food, and at least another 20 before we actually got the food. We laughed about it, and were glad we only spend three bucks each on lunch. Then we got in our separate cars and drove to Park City. Di missed the exit and ended up driving in circles for a while. I'm sure she loves me putting that on here! We finally made it to the outlets, where I learned the meaning of 'shop til you drop'. We didn't leave for the hotel until about 4 p.m. When we got there we crashed on the bed and rested our sore feet and backs before finally settling on a place for dinner. We decided on Ruby Tuesday's, since we already knew where it was and didn't fancy getting lost again. After dinner we went back to the hotel and changed into our suits and went to the hot tub. We wondered if everyone staring at us thought we were lesbians or something. An old man who was in our hot tub started flirting with us, and bragging about his granddaughter who was 5, and her IQ of 192. I have no idea what that means, but she spit water in my face later, and I figured she couldn't be THAT smart. After the hot tub we went back to the room and got comfy in our PJs and settled in to watch Becoming Jane. Or, we thought we were going to watch it. First we couldn't change the channel on the t.v. because we thought it was out of batteries. Called the front desk. Asian maintenance man comes and gives us a new remote, which looks exactly like the other one. We thank him. He leaves. It doesn't work. We call the front desk again. Maintenance man comes back and tells us we don't have the right remote. He comes back and brings us the right remote. We thank him, he leaves. We sit down to watch, and discover that we still can't find the right channel. We can hear the music of the menu, but can't see the picture. We call the front desk again. Maintenance man comes back and fiddles with the t.v., ends up pulling some cord from behind and plugging it into a different hole. Finally the movie starts. About 20 minutes in the movie freezes and we can't get the remote to work. Upon closer inspection we discover that the batteries are rattling around in the remote and some part must be missing. By this time we were both crying with laughter. We call front desk again, maintenance man comes, looking extremely annoyed. Without a word he hands me a new remote and turns away. By the time we finished the movie it was midnight. We stayed awake talking until 1 a.m., and then finally tuckered out. It was so fun and relaxing!

6 comments:

little miss shortcake said...

what an awesome girls night out!
i know what you mean about the dishes - walter is constantly trying to crawl inside the dishwasher!

KickButtMommy said...

How much fun is that, and your cakes are GORGEOUS!

Beeks by the Lake said...

sounds like so much fun! what a great idea and by the way your cakes are AMAZING. do you know you have some of the cutest kids ever?! I better get back to mine...thanks for sharing!

Amy Sue said...

I have an amazing sis-in-law!!!!
I love the pic of Spencer picking his nose! And I am glad you had a fun time in Park City!

Dee said...

Ok, I was there and I still laughed my head off at your description.. or maybe that's because I was there... anyway.. your kids are so cute! I miss you already!
-d

Tece said...

Looks like a good past time to me ! ! ! Anyway, fingers up the nose aside, I really enjoyed spending Mother's Day with all of you & love you very much.

Love Mom Tece