Friday, April 25, 2008

Life


This will be short, but I had to put it on here before I forget. This morning the girls and I took Dodger out to go potty. Emma came around the side of the house to the stairs where I was sitting, in my heavy winter coat, waiting. She announced that "Dodger wented one AND two". Without a word I slid our newspaper out of its bag and handed the bag to her for cleanup. She sighed heavily, as if the whole planet was sitting on her shoulders. I said "Emma, this is just life." She said, "I know, mom. I don't want life...." (walking away to scoop)"...it's so HARD." Amen, sista. Just wait.

4 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Gorgeous picture! How does Dodger get along with the kitty?

Amy Sue said...

Great picture, you must tell me who took it (wink, wink)! I love how she refers to it as "one & two". Didn't she get that from me??? I miss you guys. I am ready for another trip! :) Thanks again for everything and being a wonderful sis! Love ya!

The Jones Family said...

Tell it like it is Girlfriend!! Hard , and full of poop! :) lol

alisha said...

mist, you can tell emma that our dog just puked (just two seconds ago). I have decided that life is about cleaning up messes...repenting,housework...it's all the same.