Sunday, November 23, 2008

Confessions of an in-the-closet writer

I saw this on Becky Squire's blog and thought it was so cute, so I copied. Sorry, Becky!

7 Things I Can Do:
1. sing
2. sew
3. decorate cakes
4. scrapbook
5. creative writing (poetry, and currently, a book!)
6. talk on the phone for hours
7. blog for therapy

7 Things I Can’t Do:
1. interior decorating or anything crafty that gets hung up
2. math
3. clean the shower (why IS that?)
4. quilt
5. stay away from walmart
6. make lasagna (sean does)
7. pay attention to my hyper dog

7 Things That Attract Me To My Hubby:
1. his teddy bearness
2. his hypercolor cheeks
3. his sense of humor
4. his efforts to be involved in what's important to me (blogging, my book, cakes)
5. his willingness to surrender the remote
6. when he laughs at my jokes
7. when he bathes the kids or does the dishes without any hints from me and doesn't expect anything in return

7 Things I Always Say:
1. "RIGHT NOW!"
2. "Hey, NO."
3. "Come ON, throw me a bone here."
4. "Your room is a DISASTER."
5. "Emma, let's do your reading."
6. "Kenna, flush & wash!"
7. "Get DOWN, Spencie!"

7 Things I Love To Eat:
1. Carls Jr. Chocolate Malts
2. Sonic Cherry Coke (I get diet, but it's just NOT as good)
3. my friend Sarah's salads
4. ranch dressing (on something, of course)
5. potato chips
6. anything baked and sugary
7. popcorn with butter and popcorn salt

WELL, THAT WAS FUN. I tag anyone who wants to!

5 comments:

Becky said...

I learned so much about you! That was fun. And weird- I am writing a book too! I can't claim that I am talented at writing, but I do enjoy it and my book will probably never be published, but it's fun. I also could talk on the phone for hours, as long as my kids weren't around to interrupt.

Amber said...

I learned a lot about you too. And way to go on the book thing... your writing ALWAYS amazes me, you are so free, and you really write the way you speak, I love that.

Sarah E Boucher said...

Maybe I will steal your idea...kind of fun. I like telling stories on myself. Can't wait to get a glimpse of your book though! What do you think I'm patient or something? You are definitely thinking of someone else. Funny that you mentioned my salads. Have not been able to make myself make and eat one for weeks. Having a little veggie drama these days. I'm enjoying the carbs and SUGAR way too much these days.

Jeannie said...

http://jeanniemineer.blogspot.com/


I stole your idea!!! What's your book about?

Mandee said...

I always wanted to write a book...what are you writing about? I always loved reading your poetry when we were out in the mission field. Very talented!