Monday, November 10, 2008

The New Toothpaste

So last night Spencer came out of the bathroom holding Emma's toothbrush and the thing of toothpaste saying "buh-bee" (brush teeth). I took Emma's toothbrush away from him and put it back in the bathroom. I turned slowly and followed droplets of brown water to a toilet that hadn't been flushed and had a few goodies floating in it. I looked at the toothbrush and nearly yacked when I saw the lovely coat of brown pushed into the bristles. NASTY. He had been playing in the poopy toilet water with Emma's toothbrush. I FEED THIS CHILD OFF MY SPOON. Of course I came unglued at Mackenna for not flushing (she always forgets) and got as mad as I could at an almost two-year-old who doesn't understand why mom is yelling at him for wanting to brush his teeth.


Today we took the kids to see Santa at the mall. This is the only picture I got since I had to hurry and snap it before the grumpy elf came over and told me that the new 'mall policy' is not to allow any pictures except theirs - even if you're not technically standing on their carpet. Anyway, before I could even rehearse with them what they were asking for (brainwash them into asking for what we already got them) Emma asked Santa for a Raggedy Ann doll and 'David Archuletta songs'. She saw me looking at the Kmart add yesterday and when I saw his CD coming out tomorrow I gasped. She said 'is he the one I like to sing?'. She loved him on American Idol, and she belts his songs out in the car. The other day she said she wanted an i-pod for christmas - how does she even know what that is? Then today she said she wanted her 'own REAL phone'. Uh - no, honey. When you have a job, and a car, and are driving by yourself late at night, then you can buy your own cell-phone. What is happening to my baby?

Mackenna told Santa she wanted some pink earphones (she saw some of those 'gumy' ones in the walmart catalogue) and her 'own REAL camera'. Hate to break it to you guys, but remember, Santa doesn't always bring you everything you ask for. Maybe he'll bring you a lovely doll house instead. (Costco, $90 - joint gift).

Just before we went to the mall we went out in the rain looking for pine cones. I am having some cub scouts over to my house tomorrow for a den meeting, and I saw these cute Christmas tree neckerchief slides that you make out of pine cones. No way I was going to buy a thing of pine cones when they are laying all over the ground. I was about to either do a mission impossible over someone's fence or drive my family up into the snowy mountains to find them. Luckily a church on the corner had a few pine trees and the pine cones were plentiful.

I took the girls to get their hair cut on Saturday. Emma was worried everyone at school would laugh at her, and Mackenna suddenly developed social anxiety at the same time.




I think I sound pretty boring today, so I'll quit while I'm behind!

8 comments:

Sarah E Boucher said...

I can imagine the conversation. "What's that stuck in your teeth, honey?" The adult ponders for a moment. "Did you find some of mommy's chocolate?" Then when the truth comes out... "You WHAT!!???!!!" Had to be a joyful moment for you. Sometimes it's just better to not ask what that funny looking stain is, what's stuck in one of many of a body crevices, or what that smell is. Turns out YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW!!!! It's always better to just pretend you don't smell, see, or notice anything out of the ordinary.

Steph said...

Yuk, your toothbrush story is disgusting! I am scared for that toddler stage again. eek!
you should get emma one of those cheap mp3 players. At her age its just as good as an ipod and she'll never know the difference!
Their haircuts are darling, I love the how they are stacked in the back, so cute!

Kim said...

Ewwww. You haven't achieved true motherhood until you have at least 2 really gross poop stories. Congratulations!

I didn't know Santa was already at the mall. We'll have to head over there. I guess we'll pretend we don't speak Elvin when the elf tells us we can't take pictures.

Dee said...

They look so cute! I laughed at this blog... it was NOT boring. I can't believe the toilet story... gagged a little myself, I must say. Why is it always toilets with our little guys? Anyway, sounds like a busy, productive day :)

Becca said...

Yep Tanya and David have the same problem with Kaitlyn remember to flush. She has gotten better since going to preschool. i hope you through that toothbrush away. There is no way i would of tried cleaning it off.

Mandee said...

Boys are jut disgusting. The girls hair cuts are adorable!

Carissa Hill said...

When I was about 7, I was mad at my brother for something and actually did the exact same toothbrush thing...only it was on purpose! Not as innocent as Spency.

I totally feel you about the Christmas present. Tayley asked for an I-pod too, and she's younger than Emma! She also told my friend Sara that she wants a pretend kitchen. Not such a huge deal except we just threw out her old one that she hadn't touched in 2 years!!!

Amber said...

Misty Boring? Are you kidding? I have to check in on a daily basis just to make me smile. I'm with steph on the mp3 thing, and I love the girls haircuts! ps, check out my blog, I tagged you...Iknow it's lame sorry, I have always been very obedient!