Saturday, November 1, 2008

We're off to see the wizard.......

I am so glad Halloween is over for this year. And even though Sean and I went to a party after getting the kids tucked snugly in bed, I have to ask myself if all the time at the sewing machine is worth wearing the costume for a few hours. Once again I have vowed not to do a theme next year. I have at least vowed not to think about it until after the new year! Anyway, here is the finished product!


Scarecrow:




Lion (renamed the grumpy lion instead of the cowardly lion - he was crying unless he had candy in his mouth):


Glinda:



Dorothy (definitely cuter than the original!):




Tin Girl (there are no words for how adorable she was!):



Wicked Witch/Toto:


I had to put this on here too. The Bruns always go all out for Halloween. Get this - she didn't have a pattern and she 'threw it together' yesterday. (But according to her, she doesn't sew.) WHAT THE HECK? As far as I'm concerned, with my Padme/Star Wars obssession, that is freakin' awesome.


Here is my awesome friend Sarah as the star from the movie Stardust:


The day before Halloween Carissa and I cashed in our much-needed girls' night out. We started with a pedicure at 99 Nails, where I relished splurging on a flower.
There is something about getting a flower - it makes the whole experience like 110% better! Then we went to the mall and had our Twilight T-shirts made to wear to the movie! It wasn't exactly what I wanted - I wanted just a picture of the cover on the shirt, but they couldn't get it exactly the way it was. So we settled for this:

I am elated. After t-shirts we went to Chili's for dinner. It was awesome!

Here are a couple of Kenna all ready for her school party on Thursday. For those of you who don't know, I had to bribe her to be the Tin Girl by telling her she could wear her Tinkerbell costume to school.

9 comments:

Amber said...

Awesome costumes Misty! I love the whole family theme thing... Sean is a way good sport, I don't think I could get Rich to be so enthused! And, I LOVE tinkerbell!, but the tin girl, LOVED that too!

Sarah E Boucher said...

So cute! I just finished my blog too... Sad that I spend half the time thinking, "What a great blog this is going to make!" But you family is adorable...though Littece is looking a little creepy with the death grip on the dog. Kidding! Anyway, lot's of fun! Glad we could play.

Matt & Viki said...

These all turned out so cute Misty! I love your halloween themes.

KickButtMommy said...

You are the Queen of Halloween and I worship you!

Jeannie said...

They were sooooo cute!!! Jordan was so happy to see Emma!

katie said...

Your family looked so cute on Halloween! Your husband is such a good sport! I love it!

kelly l said...

love the costumes. as always, i'm impressed by your sewing prowess. ella was dorothy as well, and i'm glad you don't live so close as to compare my version with yours.

Sean said...

isn't that the scariest witch you have ever seen? You should see her without the makeup on. Just kidding she was a great sport.

Kathy said...

Hi, this is Heather's sister, Kathy. She linked me to this post because I was talking about how I want to do a family theme next year for Halloween, and I just had to say these costumes are the cutest ever! So great!