Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Balls and Bath-tisms

Well, I'm sure everyone's tired of seeing that stupid Halloween post, but I really feel like I don't have much to say. Here are just a couple snipits.

Yesterday we were at Costco and as we passed the Easter dresses, something white and fluffy caught my eye. They had a beautiful modest white fancy dress for 15.99. So I totally got it for Emma's baptism.

Of course Kenna threw a fit, and of course Emma peppered me with questions about baptism all the way home. The one that made me laugh was when she said "Mom....I'm SO excited to get bath-tized." The other day Sean went to the temple to do baptisms for the dead. I tried to explain to the girls what it was, but I don't quite think they grasped the concept. Yesterday Emma said, "After I'm bath-tized I can go to dead baptisms, like dad?" Oh....honey. Where do I begin?

Earlier in the day I made the mistake of taking Mackenna dress shopping with me. This year Sean and I get to go to the military ball (thanks Carissa! YOU ROCK.) It's in March, and I had my heart set on a beautiful dress I found online, but it turned out to be impossible to get it by the date I needed it.

So we went to Modest By Design and tried on dresses. Aside from Mackenna's tantrums over a jewelry box and a tiara I said no to buying for her, it was actually quite fun. I didn't go to my own high school prom, so I never got that experience of prom dress shopping before. I felt so girlie! I ended up getting this one in red.

And I am strongly considering getting some black satin opera gloves to go with it. (Come on....back in the day when they actually had real balls, anyone who was anyone wore gloves). They also make them in pale gold but they are like twice the price. So, for those of you who aren't fashion retards like me, would black go? My shoes are black, but the dress is too long to see that.

I have decided that despite the drama of all the estrogen around our house, I am much happier to have two girls rather than two boys. Gannon is here today, and he and Spencer have done nothing but fight. It's like watching Gladiators or Konan or something. And I have decided that boys have only one volume as well: LOUD.

Here is Mackenna with her 'purple people eater' cookie she made at preschool today. Too cute!

10 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

very pretty dress. how fun to get all pretty and go out!

Becky said...

The dress you ended up with is gorgeous. You'll have to try it on for me sometime. And I love Emma's "bath-ism" dress too. So cute! I think you should do black gloves and it would look really good if you had a fancy black neclace to go with it. We'll go shopping.

Sarah E Boucher said...

The dresses are so pretty! I really loved that one..too bad you couldn't get it...but the other one is elegant too. And I love Emma's dress. Holy crap they have all kinds of stuff at Costco! I am excited to help with your up-do...I guess I am you stylist!!!

Jeannie said...

Wow, how fun! You should go with the black gloves, they would be very elegant. However, I am the LAST person to take fashion advice from. So ya know.

Amber said...

I os totally almost bought that dress for Quinsie, but they didn't have any size 8's...wonder why? I love the dress, I like the idea of gloves, but would white look better...is the trim white? it's hard to tell in the picture, I'm sure whatever you do would be great! Kenna told me you got to got to go to a "real princess ball", actually she told me about Emma's dress too! So cute!

Carissa Hill said...

Alright, first off THANK YOU!!! For everything...you know what I mean. But thank you for putting up with my boys.

Next, I think you should get the gold gloves, but black would look good too. we need to decide where to go for dinner.

Finally, I LOVE YOU!!

Angela said...

Yep, my boys do the same exact thing, volume: LOUD. Fighting: constantly. I know Heavenly father knows each of us very well and knows exactly what to give each of us children wise. I think think I could ever deal with a bunch of girls.

Steph said...

Emma's dress is way cute! You will look beautiful in your ball dress! Can't wait to see the pictures, sounds like fun!

Anne said...

gold gloves definately. especially if the trim on the dress is gold- i can't tell from the pic. that's funny about the costco dress- i was at a party tonight and one of my friends told me about the great dress she bought at costo for her daughters baptism. very cute and popular!!

Hailey said...

That is such a pretty dress. Do you and Sis. Hills need a babysitter for that night, cuz if you do... I will totally do it! You will look so absolutely gorgeous! Well call me and tell me if you do need a babysitter!

P.s. I loved babysitting your kids the other night! They are so cute and so much fun! I had a lot of fun! Lol!