Tuesday, July 14, 2009

But WHY?


Today I made all my kids nap with me. The girls woke up before any of us, and I asked them to go do something quietly while the rest of us were still sleeping. I love hearing their conversations when they don't think I'm listening. They were talking about things like why the bees quit making honey in The Bee Movie, why they liked one Care Bear more than the other, etc. Then the following dialogue ensued:

(Kenna): "Emma, why does it snow?"
(Emma): "Because we NEED snow, Kenna. It's important."
(Kenna): "But WHY is snow important?"
(Emma): "Snow is important because.....without it we couldn't have.....Christmas."

I love it. Here I was thinking she would say something like our crops would die or the land would be dried out. Nope, she knows the real deal.

4 comments:

Amber said...

oops, sorry, I guess I forgot to cover that one in preschool! Cute!

jen and michael said...

And so many people dislike the cold and snow, I am going to tell them this story.

KickButtMommy said...

bummer, I guess that means we don't have Christmas.

Amy Sue said...

I guess you won't have a Christmas this year since you'll be in CA!