Thursday, July 23, 2009

Hobby Lobby

Just a couple pictures I snapped today - the girls were playing in their room and when I went in to check on them they showed me their latest creation:


Seriously, where do they come up with this stuff?

Sean is home today and it is nice to have him home after his being gone to scout camp for a couple days. We took the kids to swim lessons (he most obligingly took Spencer to his parent and child class today, so I could have a break). Then we came home and I got this one of Kenna & Daddy:


Lastly, I have been feeling like I wanted to try a new hobby lately. My favorite one is going to Walmart, but it is also one I am trying to kick - and it seems like all my other hobbies cost money too. So, when I used up all my scrap fabric making skirts I decided to try something I did in college again. (Okay, that sounds really bad.) I did a sketch from one of my baby pictures for an experimental psyche class. So the other day I drove to a park by myself and started my new project. Here is the picture I drew it from:


And here is my drawing:


I'm not completely happy with it, (especially the me part), but it's something I can do while the tv's on, and paper and pencils are pretty cheap! I know, I should be cleaning or organizing cupboards, or maybe even tackling the heaps of laundry lying around the house. But I firmly believe that we all deserve one outlet that makes us happy every day.

4 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

You are such a busy mama!

Sarah E Boucher said...

Keep working on it...it has definite possibilities. You are such a creative person...sometimes you just put me to SHAME!

BryAnne said...

Sister i LOVE IT! You are so much better than me. Atleast you finish your drawings,mine is still sitting on my art desk waiting to be finished! I think you drawing is super awesome! Love you

BryAnne said...

Sister i LOVE IT! You are amazing, at least you finish your drawings, emma is still sitting on my art desk, waiting to be finished! You go misty!