Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Already Obssessing


Today has been a better day. Yay! Oh, wait, we haven't been home really. Oh well. Right now the girls are watching 'Rescuers Down Under' which Emma has chosen for the 4th day in a row now. Spencer is sleeping and I am sitting on my butt trying to remember why I turned on my laptop in the first place. Oh ya, to do bills. I keep messaging people and getting sidetracked. I am just loving the quiet. So, a couple weeks back I bought some green fabric to make Kenna a green princess dress (green is her favorite color). Then I saw a Princess Fiona dress in the Target Halloween section and thought 'why bother making it?' She loves Shrek and says she wants a Shrek & Fiona party for her next birthday (March). So I bought the dress and the gears are already turning in my head on how to make a Fiona Princess cake. Already obssessing. Tell me, why am I already thinking about her birthday when Emma's party is in like 2 1/2 weeks and I don't even want to think about it? Oy. On a different note, I think Spencer is about 2.5 days away from crawling. After I laid him in bed last night I heard the dreaded 'thunk' followed promptly by his crying. I went upstairs to see that he was sitting up in his crib (wasn't he laying down a few minutes ago?) and he had bonked his head on the crib bars. Then this morning I left him in his room on the floor while I went to sort laundry (there isn't as much hair on his carpet as mine.....time to vacuum). When I left he was on his belly and when I came back he was sitting up. "How did you do that???!!!" I shrieked, and he smiled. So I put him back on his belly just so I could see. He stuck his rump up in the air and backed onto it. It was funny. In some ways I think his crawling will be easier - at least he'll entertain himself with it for a couple days. But when the excitement wears off he'll be able to find me wherever I go! And then there are my four sets of stairs......

7 comments:

little miss shortcake said...

stairs can be so scary! it was hard for me to let my kids do it for themselves - we waited until kylie was over a year old until we took our gate down! but walter-bear is already a master!
a shrek party sounds like fun! its always easier to plan things that far in the future and i always want to procrastinate on the things that are coming up sooner.

Beeks by the Lake said...

You know, sometimes you just get inspired creatively and you just have to head off on a tangent. I am glad I only have two! Girl, you've got your hands full! but from what I hear, while some things get easier, other things get much harder as they grow up. I guess, enjoy what you can, do what you can, when you can. Look for the positive in everything - I know hard, like that day we got in the car and turned right, right, and right until we came to a house we felt we should stop at. Try to find a balance (advice from someone who hasn't been able to find any balance in like 2 years). Love to hear you talk about the mission though. We really learned a lot, didn't we - like how to stuff a small pine tree backwards into a compact car - no wait, the hard part was getting it out over the passenger door!

Mandee said...

I don't think about Halloween until the last minute...birthdays are done with little time to spare and laundry??? What is laundry? What kind of mother am I? I know the kind that spends way too much time doing this! Oh you just wait until he starts crawling. Life as you know it will be O-V-E-R!!!

Mandee said...

Hey Laura, how about walking in the rain only to learn you are allergic to the dye from your coat fabric??? HMMMMM what lesson do we learn from that? Don't walk in the rain or buyer beware! I am smiling just thinking about it!

Mandee said...

Sorry Laura one more thing, do you have a blog because I tried clicking on your name but it wouldn't let me access it. I was just curious. Sorry Misty I won't use your blog anymore to carry on conversations with other people!

KickButtMommy said...

That costume is going to be phenomenal. She will love it!

Jenn said...

What a fun party!