Thursday, September 6, 2007

Tired

So today I finally found out that I had cryptosporidium two weeks ago. NASTY. It makes me sick to think about it! Oh well, at least I got some weight loss out of it, right? Anyway, I haven't been able to post due to being very busy. Not anything special, just Emma starting school, Sean's parents visiting this weekend, soccer, Halloween costumes, and now a birthday party for Emma. We will be in out of town the week of Emma's birthday, but she wants a friend party. So I think we will have it the last weekend of September. She is getting a pink tiered princess cake with pillars in the middle and everything. I ordered this cake decorating set from Betty Crocker - hopefully it will come before the party! If any of you are thinking I am insane, you should know that I planned Mackenna's 3rd birthday party with a Care Bear theme at least 3 months before and it kept me up many nights. It may seem psychotic, but we had Care Bear games and a kick-butt 3-tier Care Bear cake. This time I am like "do you think anyone will miss it if we don't do treat bags?" I don't even want to do games or anything. I am so tired! And there is just way too much going on right now. Spencer has been unbearable lately. I must be the teeth. He is up several times a night and only cat naps during the day (somewhere between 2-3 less-than-an-hour naps). He is rarely in a good enough mood to eat baby food, but he will down muffins, french fries, toast, any table food we give him. He is trying to hold his sippy cup but gets mad and throws it on the floor. He WILL NOT be put into either of his bouncers anymore. I am trying to enjoy all his little phases but I am so fed up! I just want a good night's sleep. Maybe Grandma & Grandpa Pulsipher will take him back to California with them for a week! I am a horrible mother to have such thoughts. Although lately I have been thinking, that when my kids are grown and I am looking back on this roller coaster, I won't wish I had done more; I'll just wish I hadn't been so hard on myself.

7 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

that is right! You are not a horrible mother. Every mother feels that way, you just think you are the only one!

little miss shortcake said...

you are not a horrible mother! heather is right, we all feel that way! besides, i have the trophy for "worst mother of the year" sitting right beside me.

kelly l said...

i'm not a horrible mother; i'm pretty sure i'm perfect. yeah and back to reality. so your care bear cake was AMAZING! and although my cakes are nowhere near as fantastic as yours, i obsess about birthdays way too much. and the problem with seth is that his is 5 days after halloween, so i have a double stress of halloween and birthday that keeps me up at night. and even if he's trouble, spencer sure is cute.
kelly

Amy Sue said...

Send Spencer to CA! I want him!

Mandee said...

AAAAHHH the guilt of a mother! No one but another mother can understand or appreciate the depths we will go or the amount of pressure we place on ourselves. There are plenty of times when I just want to say I quit!! All I can say is you are much better than I am...I don't even attempt to make my own cake. Yours was fabulous by the way. Homeade cakes...homeade Halloween costumes...who are you???

Jenn said...

I'd say she's WONDERMOM!!

Kimberly said...

You know how you can drop off a baby at the hospital before they're 12 months old without any questions asked? I think they should let you drop your kids off until they're 5. But if that was the case all of mine would probably be gone.