Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Pretty in Pink & Positively Purple







Well, I am proud to say that after months of Mackenna waiting patiently for her skirt and bandana they are finally done! I did Emma's months ago and didn't realize how much work it would be with all the gathering. Anyway, I have been sewing a lot in my 'spare time' (what's that??). Okay, I have been ignoring the kids and house to sew - more truthful. Both of the girls filled their marble jars. They get a marble everytime they obey or refrain from arguing or whining if I say "no", do jobs, little acts of service, etc. Kenna filled hers a couple days ago, for which she got Friend Bear. So Emma has been going crazy trying to fill her jar, asking if she can have a marble for things like eating, using the bathroom, or simply getting up in the morning. Sorry honey, it doesn't quite work that way. So today Sean told her if she organized the shoe closet she could earn the rest of her marbles. Yes! Now she has the Prince from Barbie as Island Princess. She has been wanting a prince for her barbies to marry for a while. I never dreamed that Mackenna would be interested in it too. Today their barbies were fighting over who got to marry the prince. (This was after Mackenna stopped crying for 20 minutes because the prince told her barbie she couldn't be in his kingdom). Well finally they worked it out, and the next thing I know the poor prince is tied up with a string of beads and both barbies are taking turns jumping on him. I guess girls stick together, even in Barbie's world. We will seriously be considering buying Kenna a prince of her own lest the girls get creative and discover plastic polygamy.

5 comments:

little miss shortcake said...

love the marble idea - we were thinking of a "good choice sticker chart" for Kylie - but maybe we will go with the marbles.
cute skirts! you are so talented! my sewing machine is still in the box, from last christmas because i don't know how to use it!

KickButtMommy said...

Great idea with the marbles and way to go on the sewing!

Mandee said...

Thanks for sharing the marble idea! I have been trying and trying to come up with a way to help Madelyn obey and not whine. I think this will do it! I see a great FHE on MOnday!

Misty said...

to all of you: we started out with sticker charts, i almost think kenna did better with that. she has lost interest in the marbles, but getting a sticker is cooler, i guess. the marble jars take longer to fill, but they get a bigger toy or activity too.

Jenn said...

good idea for the marbles-- my kids are into money at the moment(not good!) Great job on the skirts.... i've made some of the same ones for Morgan and they were a pain in the butt--all that gathering!! She loves them though and they are cute.