Sunday, September 9, 2007

Grandparents Day



I am so annoyed right now! I just typed a huge blurb about everything we did this weekend and then when I highlighted it to justify, it disappeared. And no, for all you blog natzis, it didn't autosave the text, just the entry title. Oy! Oh well, I guess it was just a travel log anyway. Let's see if we can make it more interesting. Sean's parents were in town this weekend. Since it was Grandparents Day today Brooke and I thought it would be cute to do something special for them. So we had the kids make cards. Inside the card were felt cutouts of their hands and a sort of interview thing we did with them about Grandma and Grandpa. I asked them questions like "Grandpa's hair is.....Grandma is funniest when....My favorite memory of them is...."etc. Then I cut felt princess dress pieces out and glued them on the front of the card, and let the girls decorate them with pens and glitter glue. They went crazy, as you can see from the first picture. It was a fun weekend - full of eating out, soccer games, and kids, kids kids.

6 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Cute cards! How did I miss this? I miss you Misty, you have such cute ideas.

Misty said...

heather, a lot of my ideas come from you! you are largely responsible for the homemade birthday cake movement!

KickButtMommy said...

I try to spread goodwill wherever I go.

Kelsi {John, Jake, Georgia, Naomi, Alice} said...

those are adorable! too cute.

Amy Sue said...

Is there such thing as Aunt's Day? When do I get my card??? ;)

Kimberly said...

Those cards are so cute. I love the idea of the interview questions in them. The grandparents will be so excited when they get them.