Sunday, June 22, 2008

Begging

So, Spencer has taken to wandering into the pantry and bringing my food, begging for it. First it is always a juice box (pictured here):


Then when I say no he goes for the fruit snacks. Poor little guy; He couldn't get the box open so he just hefted the whole thing.


Here is a recipe I thought some of you might like! It is Chinese Lemon Chicken and I got it off the internet. You are supposed to batter and deep-fry the chicken, but I had horrible allergies that day, and something had to give. So I just cut it up on fried it in a frying pan. I also added sliced almonds in with the chicken.


Chinese Lemon Chicken

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
Olive oil
Diced green onions
Slivered almonds

*Fry chicken in olive oil until completely cooked. Remove from heat, add green onions and almonds. Cover and set aside.

Lemon Sauce:

1 1/2 c. water
1/2 c. lemon juice
3 1/2 T. brown sugar
3 T. cornstarch
3 T. honey
2 chicken boullion cubes
1/4 t. powdered ginger.

*Combine all sauce ingredients in saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens. Pour over chicken/onions/almonds. Serve over chow mein noodles or steamed white rice.

Here is an Asian salad I made to go with it - it was just romaine lettuce w/matchbox carrots, mandarin oranges, frozen peas (thawed), sliced almonds, chow mein noodles, and Kraft Asian Sesame Dressing.

1 comment:

Amy Sue said...

What time is dinner? You are always making me hungry! I love the grumpy pics of Spencer, don't you feed your kids? ;)