Thursday, June 5, 2008

Lady in Red

I have just experienced for the first time ever the total exhilaration that goes along with finding the perfect shoes to go with an outfit. My sister-in-law is getting married in August, which means a new dress for me! Thanks, Amy! Anyway, her colors are red and white, so I have been looking for a cute dress. I ordered one online from Sears. I can't figure out how to get the picture on here, but here is the link for anyone who cares:
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_031A0880000P?vName=Clothing&cName=Women%27s&sName=Dresses+%26+Social+Occasion


I have been to about five shoe stores today looking for the perfect shoes: red (obviously), shiny, strappy, open/square toe, & chunky heel. I haven't worn high heels probably since I was 14 or something, I wouldn't even have a clue how to walk in them. I usually wear chunky-heel boots to church or sandals, and I wear crocks for every day. I am like shoe-challenged. Anyway, I finally ordered these ones online:
http://www.dsw.com/dsw_shoes/catalog/product.jsp?index=47&category=cat20034&prodId=158839&brand=


I just hope when I get the dress and shoes together that the reds aren't too different! I know this is kind of a lame post, but it was truly the highlight of my day. Shoe shopping without the kids tonight as compared to shoe shopping with ALL 3 OF THEM earlier. What a contrast.

3 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

I saw the dress and it is so cute. You just need a little white shrug to go over it now! Couldn't pull up the shoes. If you want to post the pics in your post then pull up the website, right click on the picture of your dress or shoes and save as...in your computer. Then you can upload it like you upload any other pic! Yay for Amy getting married!

Beeks by the Lake said...

CUTE DRESS! At least she picked great colors! My BIL's wife picked hot pink shirts and white skirts - which is nice except when you're the photographer! grrrr...I can't work in a WHITE skirt! You'll have to let her know that August is the best month for outdoor flowers and plants in Utah - which make for better photos! Just pray for clouds and not harsh sun.

I started wearing heals again a few years ago - I could barely walk in them. Then I found some cute healed sandals at Kohl's for $8 and then a few more pair later on. I even started wearing them with jeans. Of course today I am still in my jammies, so nope, not wearing heals right now. You'll have to share some photos when you get all dressed up!

Misty said...

heather, i did try to right click and save both pictures - it didn't work. also, i plan on wearing a white shade cap-sleeve tee under the dress!