Monday, June 16, 2008

Buyer's Remorse

Well, I finally saw the movie 'The Other Boleyn Girl'. I think I mentioned on here a while back how the book was pretty explicit in parts. I don't know why I thought the movie would be any different. Actually, i didn't - but I visited probably 20 Red Boxes in 5 days, and I was starting to get frantic. So I bought the 2-pack at Walmart with this movie and 'Little Women' (I have the VHS, but I have been wanting the DVD for a while). Anyway, I skipped at least 3 parts of the movie where there was a little too much skin.

On top of that (no punn intended) I bought the book 'Jumper' to read since the wait for it at the library is like 45 days - yeah, same thing. It is full of bad language and scenes I don't want replaying in my head. Oy!





















Let me just say, I have arrived! I never thought I would see the day when my girls would agree to clean an entire bathroom and DO A GOOD JOB. This is the girls helping me clean bathrooms before Dionne came:

My best friend Dionne visited last Thursday & Friday. We had fun on Thursday - we got a babysitter and went to Applebee's. Then poor Dionne got sick after we got back (she is prego) and she was sick until she left the next day. She left here and went straight to the hospital for IV hydration. Anyway, here are a couple pics of the kids:



Spencer and Dawson (2 1/2 months apart):

































The girls and Livvy:
























My sister BryAnne is a phenomenal artist. Here is a drawing she did of Emma from one of her pictures:















Here is Sean in his Father's Day surprise. And, by the way, it is the first time in our married life that I think I have truly surprised him with a gift. He has been wanting a new camp chair and I got him one on the sly this week. His whole face lit up. Geez, I guess I should spend $15 on my hubby more often.






















Here is a cute pic I took of Mackenna Jane in her 'not modest' housewear:















Spencer is almost 18 months and i am almost ready to get rid of all our baby stuff. the other day he was crying in his crib and then i heard a huge bang and when i went in he was sitting on the floor outside his crib. so sean lowered it as far as it would go. we have a toddler bed for spencer but i REALLY don't want to get him into it until i absolutely have to. anyway, he has really been talking a ton. he tries a new word about every day. he has perfected "no" now. and every time the phone rings he yells out "how-oh". he is a joy but he is soooooo stubborn and high-maintenance. he is into everything! he climbs on everything and i can't turn my back without him getting into the dog food/water, climbing up on the table and spilling drinks left out, getting into the closet and feeding our dog crayons, getting into the pantry and throwing my diet pepsi all over the floor, or (WORST OF ALL) playing in the toilet after someone forgets to close the lid/bathroom door. ADIE MOI!

6 comments:

Mandee said...

He sounds JUST like Jackson! I love the little guy but the messes he creates are maddening at times. Thanks for the movie info. I have wanted to see the movie since I read the book but now I think I will pass!

little miss shortcake said...

i know exactly what you mean with spencer! walter is the same way!

KickButtMommy said...

What a bargain! $15 for a very happy husband!

Steph said...

Wow, congrats on your girls cleaning the bathroom! You have taught them well! Send em over to do mine anytime! J/K :)
All your pictures are so cute, that Spencer melts my heart!
I didn't like the Bolyn movie either, totally glad we just rented.

Crystal said...

I wish I could surprise my hubby, especially with a $15 gift!

I'm still waiting for my kids to learn to clean the bathroom. LOL

KickButtMommy said...

Guess what? I loved the Other Boelyn.