Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Click Clack


So, my shoes came today. I feel really funny wearing them. Would it be bad to wear army boots to the wedding instead??? I know, I know. I think they are really cute, I'm just not used to my feet in something like this. But at least the heels are pretty short, so I won't fall on my face. Hopefully.


Here is the cake I made last night. I think it kind of looks like it came out of a Dr. Seuss book. We learned several different fondant techniques, and just piled all of them on the same cake. Not to mention the hideous orange fondant. What was I thinking when I bought the neon pack? Anyway, this is the hankercheif technique:


Here is the drape technique and the ribbon border, which I would really love if it wasn't orange:


Here is the garland technique:


Here is another one of Spencer's cheesy smiles. He has started talking the last two weeks and has mastered the following, which he will only say if he feels like performing: wow, baby, dodger, emma, mommy, daddy, ball, and of course, uh-uh, uh-huh, & uh-oh.


In other news, we are all sick. I am having a super bad allergy attack as of yesterday, where my eyes were all but swollen shut, not to mention my total inability to breathe. Mackenna's nose is bleeding from being wiped so much, Spencer is at the tail end of his cold, and Emma's just started today. WONDERFUL!

6 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Love the shoes! You will be gorgeous in them, show those pretty legs off. Sorry about the allergies. Your cakes are so great. Have you ever seen Ace of Cakes? Watch it, you will love it!

Steph said...

The shoes are way cute! Your cake's are awesome, I'm serious you should go into business!
Hope you all feel better soon, let me know if ya need anything. ps puffs kleenex with aloe and lotion are the best!

Beeks by the Lake said...

I love all the techniques. Very cool. I think the orange would be perfect with hot pink for a little girl's party. Maybe make the cake look like a package (square with a bow maybe) with this colors? Anyway, I've been taking benedryl every night so that I can sleep through my allergies. I can't take it during the day because it knocks me out, but nights are perfect. I wake up feeling pretty good too. The hotter it gets the worse my allergies get. So I totally understand. Use some aquafor on her nose - it totally helps and is great even for sensitive skin!

Mandee said...

Adorable shoes! You will have to go and treat yourself to a pedicure before the big day!

Mandee said...

I want and took a peak at your dress! Those shoes are PERFECT for it! You will certainly look adorable.

kelly l said...

the shoes are very cute, misty. i wore clunky heels for a long time too, so the first time i started wearing regular heels felt really weird, but now i'm a pro. just practice before the wedding so your feet won't hurt. and the cake looks great even in orange.