Saturday, September 20, 2008

Cow Cake Creations




















So, here is my first professional cake! That's right folks, I just got paid for my first cake! My wonderful friend Carissa had her baby shower today, and she asked if I'd do the cake. It was a stressful week of baking, fondant making, icing making, etc. I am exhausted! But I am so thankful for the chance. I decided to call my business 'Cow Cake Creations'. I wanted 'Bovine Bakery', but there is actually a bakery in California with that name. (For those of you who don't know me, I have a cow fetish. I have a cow valance in my kitchen and several cow trinkets in my kitchen as well.

Anyway, Sean and my mom helped cut out the fondant polka-dots last night as I attached them to the cake, and then Sean did most the work putting the tiers together. Thanks, honey!


I am going to probably start a new blog for my cakes. I will let you all know what the name is if you are interested. If anyone needs a cake, let me know! Here are some more pictures of the cake:


8 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Amazingly beautiful! How much does a cake like that go for I hope at least $50! Its AWESOME!

I need a cake. Do you deliver.

Perfect name BTW.

Angela said...

Wow Misty, that is a beautiful cake! Good Job, I love it.

Beeks by the Lake said...

ok, HOLY CRAP, what a gorgeous cake! You chose a beautiful color - I LOVE THE POLKA DOTS! Did she just die when she saw it? If it were me, I would cry! I can't wait to see your cake blog!

When I reach my 5 year cancer free anniversary - will you make me a gorgeous cake too? I'll pay for it of course (that's still 3 years away - don't worry -but you'll have to put me on your calendar because it's December 7th) That's the only big even I can think of in my near future. But I need some reason to have one of your AMAZING cakes!

Misty said...

laura, of course i will make you a cake!! i am honored.

Carissa Hill said...

The cake she made for my shower was FANTASTIC! It looked amazing and it tasted amazing. Misty was worried about charging her friend what was fair, but I made sure she charged us what she needed to. I would recommend her to ANYONE who needs a cake!!

Carissa

Sarah E Boucher said...

When you put together your other blog, just add a link on this one through one of your posts at least...then anyone visiting your site can check that one out too.

The cake turned out so cute! I love it! We should do something awesome for Halloween! Oh, the fun of Halloween goodies.

Tevita and Jodi said...

Beautiful Cake!!

kelly l said...

you're so stinking crafty. do i really need to say that not only are your cakes amazing, but that belle dress is awesome. i hope emma some day truly appreciates what you did for her instead of just hopping on over to disney.com to buy one.