Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Soccer & Preschool


Haven't blogged in a while - I can't really even say why I've been so busy, but I just feel out of touch.

Anyway, I thought I would put some pictures of the girls' first day of soccer on here. Kenna's game was at 11 and Emma's was at 12. I forgot sunscreen and Spencer turned into a tomato baby later that day.


We had to bribe Mackenna with a Happy Meal just to get her to agree to play - then she spent the whole game displaying her aversion to the soccer ball. Sean had to remind me that she is starting soccer one year earlier than Emma did, so it might take her a while.



Emma had no trouble going after the ball - she even got a little aggressive, getting in front of the other girls. When she was playing defense she was more interested in pulling her gargantuan shirt over her head than defending the goal.



Here are a couple pics of Kenna's first day of school today.




While she was gone Spencer took a nap and I actually had a couple hours to myself! I would like to say I started the Belle dress I have been promising Emma for two years now (it is her bday present this year), or that I made my house presentable in some way. I was actually in the basement the whole time, cleaning out our x-office/toy/junk room. My mom is coming to stay with us for a while at the end of the week, and that will be her room. While I was down there I was reading parts of old journals, mostly my mission journal. I can't believe I've been married for almost nine years, and I have three kids, the oldest getting baptized next year, and the youngest not really a baby any more. Sorry, I'm a little nostalgic today, I guess!

6 comments:

Amy Sue said...

I love the soccer pics! I wish I was there so I could see them play! Miss you guys!

KickButtMommy said...

Life marches on at a crazy pace, doesn't it?

Sarah E Boucher said...

I LOVE those brown shoes! Seriously when she showed them to me I asked if they came in big girl sizes. Glad you encourage the girls to do athletic things. Wish someone had sent me to soccer or something...maybe I'd have done better after that.

Steph said...

cute pictures!
old journals are fun to read, too bad the only one i have is from when i was like 8...geez. well at least blogging is more of a journal than i have kept...for decades...sad!
let me know if i can do anything to help.

jen and michael said...

Soccer time is the best time of the year! aside from christmas...

Mandee said...

I too have been so out of touch! I LOVE your family picture by the way and the soccer pictures are adorable as well. I love to go back and read my missionary journals, it makes me so thankful for that unique time in my life. Thanks for sharing!