Saturday, October 11, 2008

Happy Birthday, Baby Girl!


I can't believe my baby is seven. It is weirding me out. Suddenly she seems so much older to me. I am so blessed to have her in my life. She is such a good girl. She is always anxious to please me and every other authority figure in her life; she hates disappointing people. She loves making her brother and sister (and everyone in general) laugh; she is very smart, and everyday I enjoy listening to her reasoning on various topics. She has a smile that lights up your heart and makes you feel like things aren't so bad after all. I love you Emma. Thank you for choosing me - for whatever reason you did!

We tried to go to Chuckee Cheese for Emma's birthday but it was freakin' cold, and when we got there the line was out the door and they told us it was a 45 minute wait just to get inside. NO WAY. We went to Hungry Bear instead with the Hills, which was almost as empty as a tomb, and they had an awesome balloon guy there doing amazing creations. Not your average bulbous-looking puppies and that sort of thing. He did a pink monkey climbing up a brown and green palm tree for Emma, a flower for Mackenna, a stunning likeness of Ariel for Tayley, and a cute brown teddy bear for Gannon. He also did a spider man for some other kid there complete with a silvery web shooting out of his hand. It was awesome!

After pizza we came back home and had a mini golden Belle party. We had Daron, Carissa, Tayley, Gannon, and Chris & Brooke (Sean's brother & wife) & their kids over. The cake was yummy - I used a regular yellow cake mix but added buttermilk instead of water, 1/2 T. butter flavor, and 1/2 bag of butterscotch chips. I am calling it Butterscotch cake. I actually felt a bit morbid pulling Belle's fondant-coated torso out of the cake, but my aversion wasn't so powerful as my appetite.

If you're interested, I have posted slideshows below of Kenna's field trip to the pumpkin patch earlier this week, and below that is Emma's birthday slideshow from today.



Also, here is the blanket I made for my friend Carissa - I gave it to her yesterday, so I think I'm safe now. Here is Spencer trying to claim it. She the pudgy little hands at the bottom? Don't worry, buddy. Yours is coming for your second birthday!


For any Twilight finatics like me, if you go to stephenie meyer's website there is a killer twilight preview on there. Only a little more than a month left!!!

7 comments:

Amy Sue said...

Ok, are you trying to make me cry with this post. I can't believe little Miss Emma is 7!!! I was just looking at pictures of her when I first met her up in Provo. I feel blessed to have Emma as my niece, she is such a sweet heart! I love when she smiles and her little dimple shows. Such a great personality. Misty, you have done a great job raising her!

Amy Sue said...

P.S. The blanket is really cute!!! Where's mine?

KickButtMommy said...

We sure do love that girl and miss her! What we wouldn't give for a joint birthday party!

Steph said...

Wow 7, Happy birthday Emma! Sounds like you had a fun day, I totally wouldn't have waited for chucky-cheese's either! Cute blanket, and cake, you are amazing!

Dee said...

Hey how is this for lazy... would you mind adding a link to your cake site in your friends list? Pretty please for me? I keep trying to access it that way and then forget the link name and going back to look it up... call it pregnancy brain cell problems, but if you don't mind, it will make it easier for some of your biggest fans to see your cakes! :) Love you! -d

Sarah E Boucher said...

Here's another birthday tidbit, straight from the b-day girl's mouth. When we were driving around yesterday, I told Kenna she could get a little book too, if she was good the whole time (something I totally held over hear head in the book store later with a loud comment to Emma, "I don't know if she's even going to get a book if she's pouting..." then going onto something else as if nothing had happened...totally worked!) and Emma said to Kenna, "But it's my birthday, I don't have to be good." It was awesome! She went on the explain that she didn't have to earn her book, but also assured me she be good anyway...it was pretty funny. Almost as good as when Kenna referred to the free b-day ice cream at IHOP as "scrumdelicious." It was a fun birthday...glad I got to play with your silly girls.

Jeannie said...

We went that morning at ten, thinking we might bump into you. It was crowded but not too bad. It was way fun though and we'll go back for sure. But never again on a Saturday, that's for sure. Jordan had fun with Emma here, we'll have to do Fridays for sure!