Thursday, October 2, 2008

This was us last Halloween. For those of you who have not yet been privy to (or maybe I should say victim of) my Halloween hysteria, our family is doing Wizard of Oz this year. All except for Kenna, who adamantly insists on being Tinkerbell. (I have told her she has to be a fairy from the Emerald City, but she doesn't get it). I am actually only making two costumes this year - Sean's can be pieced together from things he already has,

and I caved and bought a cowardly lion costume at Costco the other day for Spencer.

Emma and Dodger will be Dorothy and Toto. Is it completely perverse to spray paint my dog silver??

Who of consequence is left? I know you are thinking the wicked witch. Wrong!


DISCLAIMER: My costume will probably not resemble this in the slightest, since I am making it.

6 comments:

Carissa Hill said...

I remember how incredibly HOT you looked last year! I couldn't believe how skinny you were just months after Spency was born...

kelly l said...

i just made ella a dorothy dress for her halloween costume, but i seriously don't want you to see it since it won't compare to what you're making. but i do want to see your finished products.

KickButtMommy said...

its going to be awesome. I wish we could borrow your Star wars ones. I am so not in the mood for halloween this year.

Sarah E Boucher said...

Dude! You HAVE to get those sleeves! And the icecream bucket "crown". They are a must. I refuse to be seen with you if you do not! Hmmm...I may have to hit DSW and find some silver shoes to go with the dress this year...and a long blonde wig. There's a store that just opened next to shopko that's all halloween, I'll tell you if I see something great.

Becca said...

Hey Bethany and I did a Wizard of Oz theme with so friends and we did not have a wicked witch. Plus we one the ward costume party for the best cast costumes.

Jeannie said...

I have a dorothy costume...