Thursday, October 2, 2008

Mama?.....Mama?......Mama?


Maybe he keeps calling me when I am right in front of him due to the vacant expression on my face.

What can I say, it has been a very tiring couple days. I'll start with today and work backwards. Actually, with last night. Mackenna threw up as is her quarterly tradition. She only did it once, though, so I'm not sure why. I didn't dare send her to school today, so we basically hung out and watched t.v. all day. I did finish Emma's Belle dress though - all I have left is the wrap-thing for around her shoulders. I have been sore all day because my neighbor and I went walking without taking the boys in their strollers last night, and for some reason I now have muscles I didn't have before. Ouch! My neck, my abs, even my legs (which I am pretty sure I was working before) are so sore - like i just went water skiing or something. Yesterday was also Emma's soccer practice, which I am starting to loathe.

It is every Wednesday @ 4:30, which falls right between Emma getting out of school, and Sean coming home for a quick dinner before Young Men's. Basically I go sit on the grass and try to keep Spencer away from the road while Emma ignores her coach and team to pick dandelions and crawl around on her hands and knees in her own little world.

On the up side, Spencer now eats all his chicken nuggets and hot dogs without throwing a single piece on the floor for Dodger. Thanks to a little thing called condiments. Yup, it's official. He is now onto the ranch/ketchup thing. I am actually glad. He hasn't been too messy with it, though you'll have to judge that for yourself:


And here he is showing off his blue popsicle tongue, copying his sisters. Can you say Pulsipher tongue? Sean and select members of his family can touch their nose with their tongues - Kenna and now Spencer included.


Back to today: I picked up Emma from school & she burst into tears because she was supposed to take a reading test at school today and I didn't put her reading folder in her backpack. After trying to reason with her for a few minutes the waterworks kept increasing, so I figured something else was wrong. When I asked her what else was bothering her she said one of her friends told her she didn't want to be friends anymore. I asked why; she said she wanted to tell Emma 'a secret' and Emma didn't want to hear - so she ran away - and said friend didn't want to be friends anymore. What's my next thought? Hm. I wonder what she means by 'secret'. If you think I could get it out of her you are up in the night. I kept asking her about it and she just kept saying 'I don't want to talk about it anymore, mom.' So, what's the big mystery? I have no idea. We went to get a rootbeer and a cookie (we were enroute to Walmart when I decided I DIDN'T want to go into the store with a crying 1st grader). Then we went home and I made popcorn and let the kids ride their bikes for a while. I brought the subject up again with Emma and she said 'it's okay, mom - we got back together after.' Alrighty then. Glad I am still stressing about the secret life of my firstborn.

Tomorrow I have my ten-year mission reunion and (thank goodness) I get a night without the kids. Thanks, mom!

5 comments:

Jeannie said...

Why don't you bring Spencer over to play with Casey Jr on Wednesdays during soccer practice. I would love to watch him, and then you can pick dandelions with Emma.

The Jones Family said...

OOOO...have fun at the reunion!

KickButtMommy said...

sounds like you need that break tonight!

Sarah E Boucher said...

Turns out kids just say that randomly to each other. I have to train them to say, "Will you play with me?" Rather than "Will you be my friend?" Then teach them that the other kid can choose not too and just go ask someone else. Seriously, you're just now hearing this? I hear it all day, and have perfected the response, "He/She doesn't have to like you, but he/she does have to be respectful." Oh my job is a joy, I say the same things all year long! Hopefully some of the problem solving/social skills will stick with them.

Tevita and Jodi said...

I smiled while reading your post. I just barely went through the whole secret thing. Lia freaked when Sipola told me the secret...that Lia talked to one of the boys during class! What a huge secret huh! Prepare yourself, girls in school are much harder than boys in school. Girls can be so petty!