Wednesday, January 9, 2008

At the end of the day.......


it's all about the popcorn! I place the blame for this completely on my sister-in-law Viki, who told me in detail about their nightly tradition of popcorn over our Christmas visit. She said they had an old fashioned popcorn popper and they would make some every night and put (oh my gosh) REAL butter on it. How on earth did Matt lose weight doing that?? And Viki is so skinny anyway, she could eat all the butter she wanted and it wouldn't add one ounce. SICKENING. Anyway, my mind has been full of it ever since, so today we went to Walmart and got the popper, the kernels, and Parkay spray butter (fat free). I think I may have to resort to real butter after all too. It was worth a shot though! Today was a pretty good day. Sean got home from his graveyard shift and decided to shovel the driveway. Let me rephrase, since that makes it sound like he thought it would be fun to shovel the driveway after no sleep. HE COULDN'T PULL IN THE DRIVEWAY DUE TO THE 8-10 INCHES OF SNOW ON IT. By the time he had shoveled the neighbor's too (she is pregnant and hubby was at work) ours was all snowy again. The amazing thing was that I was able to take Kenna to school and pick her up without dragging the other 2 with me for once! Sean was shoveling for the first run, and when Kenna got out Spencer was down for his nap. So I turned on a movie for Emma, with the admonition that she was to tear herself away from the t.v if she heard Spencer wake up. Luckily he stayed asleep until I got home with Kenna and woke up about the time I walked through the door. Aside from that, I am proud to say that I spent about 20-30 minutes of one on one time with the girls today. Emma and I played princess checkers (she almost beat me) and I helped Kenna make a car out of the bead-things she got for Christmas.
Now Sean and I are sitting down to relax in front of a movie, as I keep glancing toward the corner. There is a chair there that harbors my nemesis; laundry I have needed to fold and put away for 2 days now. In addition to the other 3 buckets of laundry that are folded, but have yet to be put away.
And then there's the de-Christmasing of the house. WILL IT EVER END??

4 comments:

little miss shortcake said...

mmmm... i LOVE hot air popped popcorn with REAL butter... i just don't think your fake spray butter will cut it.
and watch out for the walmart kernels - i have trouble getting them all to pop. my favorite kernels are the jolly time ones.
i hate folding laundry too - it is usually just in piles on my bedroom floor.

KickButtMommy said...

Nope, it will never end.

Mandee said...

No not ever! Which somedays makes me want to crawl into a nice dark hole and emerge only when everything on my list is completed.

Amy Sue said...

Single Amy leaves her clothes piled too! Must run in the family and not just be a tired mommy thing! Miss you!