Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Happy Birthday, Spencer!


Well today is his actual birthday. I did type a big blurb under the slideshow of his party, but it got erased somehow. Anyway, just a little remembrance of the boy who has always done it his old way. It was Sunday afternoon, January 29, 2007. I was scheduled to go in for a C-section at 7 a.m. the next morning. I had just gotten home from church when my mom and sister (Shiree and BryAnne) pulled up in my driveway to surprise me. We watched movies all afternoon and ate popcorn and drank crystal light. I kept having intermittent contractions, which I assumed were just Braxton Hicks, since I had never gone into labor on my own before. Throughtout the day they were pretty sporadic, so when my OB-GYN called to see how I was (only in Utah) I said I was fine and I would see him in the morning. Sean decided to give up his side of our very cushy king-size bed to my mom since she has a bad back. The guestroom was already taken too, as Sean's mom had arrived that evening to watch the girls while we were in the hospital. So mom and I snuggled down in the covers (not with each other)and layed awake talking for hours. She would hear me pause and say "another one?" and then "how long since the last one?". To make a long story short, the contractions finally got to be about 5 minutes apart and I had to breathe through them - so we decided to hit the hospital. It was about 1 a.m. By the time we got to the parking lot (2 minutes down the road) my contractions were 2 minutes apart, and lots stronger. Just funny that the only time I went into labor on my own was the time I was scheduled. I remember so many of those emotional highs and lows in the hospital, and also I remember feeling like my 2nd c-section was a breeze compared to my first, and also compared to my horrible VBAC with Mackenna.

Also I felt relief at knowing we were done and I didn't have to go through the physical challenges of giving birth and recovering again! Gratitude for my blessings, my family, mostly kept washing over me and I felt so close to the Lord. I think that is a childbirth thing - and also having a newborn thing, since they are so fresh from Heavenly Father's presence. I also remember the girls visiting every day, and Sean having to drag Mackenna out of the room kicking and screaming because she didn't want to leave me there.


Anyway, I love my rolly-polly boy and I am so thankful we fasted and prayed to see if we were "done" having kids after the girls!

4 comments:

Davide said...

SALVE, SCUSATE LA MIA INTRUSIONE, SONO JESSICA DA CATANIA, MIO FIGLIO MATTIA HA BISOGNO DI CURE COSTOSISSIME NEGLI U.S.A., LA TERAPIA E' MOLTO COSTOSA, MA SE POSSIAMO INSIEME CI RIUSCIREMO A CORONARE IL SOGNO DEL PICCOLO..
CIAO... http://donaamattiaunsorriso.blogspot.com/
LASCIATE COMMENTO!

KickButtMommy said...

Thanks for sharing your story!

little miss shortcake said...

happy birthday spencer!

Amy Sue said...

I can't believe that my lil' Spencer is 1! Happy B-Day Spencer!!!