Friday, January 18, 2008

Just a grumpy day....


Not really! This is for Dionne - me in my grumpy hoodie she got me for Christmas. Today I volunteered at Emma's school. At first I did it to appease Emma. She couldn't quite understand why I visited Kenna's school every month and not hers (sorry kid, they give us $10 off tuition - didn't seem too good an excuse). So I go to kindergarten once a month too. I am really starting to enjoy it - I usually just pull the kids aside one at a time and quiz them on their letters or at/an/it words, etc. I think I like it because it's lots of other 6-year-olds. Let's face it, dealing with your own kids all day every day is no fun! Maybe it's also the break from the younger two. Anyway, Friday is our "playdate" day. Emma's friend Jordan comes home from school with us and plays for 2 hours. Mackenna just started playdates too - although 3-year-old playdates require a lot more parental supervision than 6-year-old ones. Anyway, Kenna went to her friend Malarie's house - her mom is my VT companion. We decided to switch off Fridays, and today was her day. It was nice. Emma and Jordan ate popcorn, colored, played princess bingo, and then played WII bowling with Sean & I.
Out of all Emma's friends, she gets along the best with Jordan. I have never heard them fighting over barbies or whining at each other. With girls that is a rare thing. When we went to pick Kenna up from her friend's house, Malarie saw me walk in and yelled "I want my friend back!" I deduced from that that they had gotten along, but on the way to Costco Kenna said "Malarie scratched me......Malarie said I wasn't her friend......Malarie said 'no' I couldn't have a snack", etc. Like I said, a little more high-maintenance for 3-year-olds. Anyway, we then went to Costco where I developed all our pictures since Halloween (149 prints....$30). YIKES, I will have to keep up on them better. As for Spencer, he is a man who knows what he wants.
I enjoy him so much more when I've had a break from him at some point in the day!

3 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

I haven't developed photos since May 2006. I definitely need to get on that. I have three extra kids tonight and it is definitely high maintenence.

Mandee said...

What a good, good boy!

Dee said...

I love that you took a picture of your grumpy hoodie! So cute!