Thursday, January 24, 2008

Pantries and Pink Eye


So yesterday Kenna woke up rubbing her eye, saying it hurt. I took a close look and there was crusty stuff all around it. Sean got home from work (graveyard) and said it was probably pink eye. So another trip to the doctor, another $15 copay. Yep, pink eye. And a teeny-tiny bottle of eye drops for $5. Putting them in was really fun. I had to pin her to the floor by straddling her and try to pry her eyelids open with one hand while putting the drops in with the other. This morning she woke up and her eye was stuck, swollen completely shut. Now it is getting better, but Spencer is getting it also.

I have been meaning to clean out my pantry for some time. The shelves were laden with stale crackers and half-empty cereal boxes (half-empty, not half-full), so much that there was no room except on the floor for the cat food, rice bucket, soda, etc. Anyway, I even scrubbed the walls and the floor. It is so much better. Here is what my counter looked like while I was cleaning.

Here is the finished product!

Here is Kenna stacking the cans ("helping").


Now I am in the middle of doing the lazy susan, where all my spices are. Tomorrow I am going to try to do the closet where all our kitchen appliances are, as well as all the useless crystal we got for our wedding, the kids' art stuff, my sewing machine, and an endless multitude of dust bunnies, who are threatening to rise up in rebellion and take over my valuables. Then Saturday is Spencer's birthday party, so I'll be cleaning house all day tomorrow too. What joy is mine!! I am excited to make his football cake and baseball cupcakes though. I love kids' birthdays!!

5 comments:

little miss shortcake said...

i bet being organized feels great!

Mandee said...

Poor girl, that looks miserable. You know we have never had a case of pink eye (yet), one more thing to look forward too! And yes, your pantry is beautiful!

Beeks by the Lake said...

wow! you did all that in one day! I would love to have so much energy! Hugs to the sick kids - well, thank goodness it's long distance - although my immune system is getting stronger. I haven't been sick in 4 weeks - that is a new record! Anyway, I am so impressed with your pantry!

KickButtMommy said...

Misty I would never expect half-full boxes from you! :) LOL. Macs eye looks atrocious and your pantry looks fabulous. Wish we could come to Spencers party. I still remember Mackennas

Dee said...

Mist, I am glad I made it that random day... I am still so bummed about missing Spencer's party. You know I would not have missed it for anything other than communicable disease :( I love that you took pictures of your pantry progress. That cracked me up. Looks great, though!