Sunday, January 13, 2008

Lazy Sunday

Not much since my last post! Just had to say how proud I am of myself that I finally cleaned my nasty bathrooms - 3 all in one day. And I dusted our bedroom, straightened the kids' rooms, and straightened downstairs. AND most of the laundry got put away. Yesterday was cleaning day - I hate waking up to a messy house on Sunday, and inevitably, I WILL end up cleaning it on Sunday if it's not done Saturday. It just bugs me more on Sundays than other days for some reason. Sean kept cracking the whip over the girls to get them to clean up, and then he vacuumed for me. Spencer has been busying himself with walking all over the house the last few days; he walks from the couch to the coffee table to his toys to the other coffee table to the other couch, and back again. We bought him some shoes with some Christmas money we had (nothing special, just shoes - he hasn't worn shoes until now!), and he absolutely hates them. On the way to church he kept swining his legs in circles whining because he wanted them off. And he won't take a single step in them. I tried a new recipe for chicken enchilladas today, which turned out okay. WOW, boring blog today. I guess I could spice it up by saying that I really want to go make some peanut butter bars, but I am feeling especially plumpy and I won't be able to resist the urge to keep popping them in my mouth every time I pass them. Not to mention it wouldn't be nice to Sean either. We are both trying to diet. There is one large chunk of German Chocolate cake left, which should be gone by tonight, so tomorrow's the day. Somehow I think peanut butter bars with coconut & chocolate chips mixed in and chocolate frosting on top would put a dampner on that. In other news, I have decided to make Spencer a football cake for his birthday. My dilema is that if I am going to spend a good amount of time decorating it I don't want him to destroy it. So I decided to make the football cake for everyone coming to his little party, and make jumbo baseball cupcakes too, and give him one of those to plow into. I am also already obsessing about next Halloween. I know, I swore I wasn't going to do the family halloween theme, or make 5 costumes, next year. The Wizard of Oz came on t.v. about a week ago and the girls watched it twice before the witch nightmares started. Anyway, Emma has decided she wants to be Dorothy. My mom is going to help me make a Glinda dress for me(pink & sparkly). Sean is going to be the scarecrow, Spencer will be the Tin Man, & Kenna refuses to surrender her idea of being a green fairy, so we need to just pretend that they had those at the Emerald City. THAT'S IT! She can be an 'emerald fairy'. I have thought of trying to trick her into being a green witch, but somehow I think she wouldn't like it if she looked in the mirror and saw a sinister black witch dress instead of a cute and perky fairy costume. Well, gotta go. Spencer just acosted a chunk of playdough the girls dropped on the floor and he is gaggin on it. Oh, motherhood......

6 comments:

Amy Sue said...

K, so i would like to see a video of Spencer walking! Maybe when he gets to be a pro, since I did get to see a little bit of it at Christmas.

I love the ruby slippers! They are adorable!!!!

KickButtMommy said...

In your spare time could you make my family costumes too?

little miss shortcake said...

great job on the cleaning - i'm impressed! now, can you come do mine??

Mandee said...

OKay since you did your cleaning I guess I should do mine. I at least got the decorations put away! The dreaded January Diet....I feel your pain and like you I think I can hear a yummy treat calling my name from somewhere close by.

Misty said...

amy, i tried to put one on that post but it didnt' upload right or something. i will try again.

Bethany said...

Love those shoes. So cute. Too bad Spencer won't wear them. Kids. Good luck on the Wizard of Oz costumes! You are a brave. :)