Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Pizza and skating

I'm not sure why, at times, I feel the need to put every mundane detail of our life on here, and other times I can go for weeks without posting OR feeling guilty about it. So, yesterday we made pizza for dinner. It is by far the kids' favorite dinner, since they get to do most of it themselves. Here are Sean and the girls making theirs.

Here's Emma's pizza

Kenna's pizza

Spencer eating their leftover crust

Today I took the kids to Classic Skating, and we ended up staying for 4 hours. We got pizza there for lunch (pretty good for 5 bucks), and then Spencer finally tuckered out. So I put the top of the stroller down over him and decided to stay until he woke up. But by the time we got home it was almost time for Sean to wake up. Now the kids are all in bed and I am watching The Diary of Bridget Jones (edited version), from which I have felt keenly a 6-month estrangement (at the very least), since switching from DISH NETWORK to DIRECTV and losing all the movies on our DVR. That sounded very Austen-y, I must say. Due to the fact that I just finished the book Heather recommended, Austenland, and also finished Persuasion (book and movie), and have just started on Mansfield Park. I knew when I read this opening line of Austenland that it was a book for me: "For Colin Firth: I think you're a great guy, but I'm married, so I think we should just be friends."

Going back a little further, Sunday was a great day that redeemed friendship for me. My friend Sarah came over as is our little Sunday tradition at least a couple times a month. She brings her homemade treats that put Betty Crocker to shame, and all the new-release DVDs she has bought since she came last. Then we do our best NOT to eat the treats she has brought, because we are both on diets. Anyway, back to Sunday. Sarah and I were watching Mansfield Park when Dionne called me and said "hey, can I borrow a bottle and some formula?" Since she lives in Orem I was a little confused. I said "uh, sure....when will I see you again?" She turned out to be in my driveway! It was such an unexpected surprise and something I really needed. Thanks, Di! Now I am just gearing up for Spencer's little birthday party this Saturday. In closing, here is a picture of Spencer wearing Emma's panties on his head.

Here is his reaction when I told him we don't put panties on our heads.

3 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Hadley has those panties but thinks its embarrassing that Barbie is so big on the back. I can't believe your kids eat olives and I miss you.

Beeks by the Lake said...

he's gonna love that when he is 17!

Don't worry about posting everyday things on your blog - I just found it very useful the past little while in updating scrapbooks and printing my blog pages and sticking them in my journal!

You'll miss it all in a few years - besides, your memory could go like mine has at any unexpected moment!

little miss shortcake said...

what a little stinker he is!
your pizza looks yummy - you have inspired me to make some for dinner!