Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The glass is half full......

In an attempt to stay positive during this glorious spring break when my children flock around me and I love every minute of it - I have decided to list a few things I love about each of them, and about motherhood in general.

Emma:

1. She is always seeking my approval.
2. She loves to make everyone laugh.
3. She is a huge help with Mackenna, Spencer, and Dodger.
4. She loves to read and is great at it!
5. She is empathetic and sensitive to the emotions of those around her.
6. I love her chocolate eyes and the tiny golden freckles across her nose & cheeks.

Mackenna:

1. She shows true compassion.
2. She is finally taking Spencer under her wing.
3. She is excited to grow up, go to school, and do everything Emma does.
4. I love her roundish cheeks and her button nose.
5. Her smile melts my insides.
6. She always brings her dishes to the sink without being asked.

Spencer:

1. He gives the best hugs ever when he puts his heart into it.
2. He is a mama's boy and a daddy's boy at the same time.
3. He knows most of his letters AND the sound they make (gotta love Leap Frog DVDs).
4. He says "I yuh you" at least three times a day.
5. He is finally taking Dodger under HIS wing.
6. I love his sqenchy-eyed smile and his button nose.
7. At all times there is an animated character he can be compared to. Candidates in the past have been: Shrek baby, Stitch, Curious George, Jack-Jack, and Koda (brother bear).

Motherhood:

1. I love to quietly watch my kids and see things about them that I love.
2. I love when my girls tell me I'm 'the best baker in all the land' or rave about my cooking.
3. I cherish the gospel teaching moments that come - usually when we are in the car.
4. Motherhood gives me a purpose and keeps me busy.
5. Motherhood has brought out my domestic side - now I cook, decorate cakes, sew, scrapbook, blog, and read. Everyone needs an outlet, right?
6. I love connecting with other mothers who are going as crazy as I am. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

Last but not least - you might think I was a single mother if I didn't say a little something about the one who got me into all this!

Sean:

1. He works hard so that I can stay home with the kids and lose my mind.
2. He is empathetic when I have a bad day with the kids.
3. He always puts me first.
4. He never criticizes if the house is a mess.
5. He is always ready and willing to take us out to eat.
6. If he is home and we are cleaning, he will vacuum without being asked, and sometimes he'll even mop the floor.
7. He encourages my hobbies and talents.
8. He goes to extremes sometimes to make me laugh.
9. He is trying to better himself, without any hinting or nagging on my part.
10. For some odd reason, he never lost his rose-colored glasses.
I LOVE YOU, SEAN!

6 comments:

Amber said...

what a sweet post Misty! I need to do better at remembering all the things I love about my kids and hubby, and then make sure I tell them too!

Jeannie said...

I have to admit, this isn't your normal style. (: I look forward to your unmasked and completely honest outlook on life, specifically motherhood. Now you got me feeling guilty dangit.

Becky said...

What a sweet post. Way to look for the positive! I love it.

KickButtMommy said...

What an awesome post! Love you misty!

Sarah E Boucher said...

Yeah. That's why I love your family too...oh and for you. But you forgot you....amazing great mommy Misty! I just LOVE that. You guys are great. Some people make me feel uncomfortable...not on purpose, but like I'm encroaching on their life and you have ALL always been so welcoming! Easily my favorite couple! Lots of love to you Moo!

Sean said...

well she wrote about everyone but herself which tells you what kind of person she is,so here are some things I love about MISTY
1. Greatest wife a man could imagine.
2. Best Mom a kid could ask for.
3. She is the spritual backbone of the family
4. She ensures that she spend one on one time with each of the kids.
5. Her smile brightens my day
6. Her laugh is addictive.
7. She sees the good in everyone.
8. She is My Best Friend.
9. She makes me want to be a better person so that one dayI might be able to say that I am her equal.

I Love you Mist and I am truly blessed to be able to call you my Wife.