Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Sewing Lessons


So, I took a page out of Kelly Robins' book and decided to make cute skirts for my girls too. Emma was hovering around me when I was sewing and asking questions about the zigzag stitch and why I back-stitched and all that. Then she kept saying 'I can't wait until I am old enough to sew too'. So I just decided to let her try. She actually sat at the machine and worked the foot pedal. Then she pushed the fabric through at the same time. She was so proud of herself!


She came home from school so excited to sew more, but since I have a crappy cold I told her not today.

7 comments:

Sarah E Boucher said...

Such a brave mommy! It makes me remember learning to sew...on my mom's crappy machine...not crappy for her, just crappy for me since it leaves junky loops on the back. So happy you have a good machine so your daughter can feel successful and not get frustrated with what it looks like at the end.

Amber said...

Oh, maybe you could give me a sewing lesson! that is one thing I DO NOT do! That and a whole bunch of other stuff! So cute, I love when my little girls are intersted in the same things I am...it sort of gives me a little hope!

Amy Sue said...

Good job Emma! My baby is growing up too fast!

Jeannie said...

You can see just exactly how she's going to look at 14 there. What a good mom and sweet girl.

Annette's Best Kept Secrets said...

That is so cute. I remember those days with my mom there the best.

Kinnley said...

Way to go sissie! I have a hard time letting the kids help me with the projects, and Emma looks so pleased! Way to go Emma!!!! I can't wait to see how it turns out!!!

The Jones Family said...

Very cool. They say at 5 kids can learn to sew. It's just amazing! Such a good Mom! I have a sewing machine....in my garage...in a box...only ever opened once....and I've had it for 3 years! lol